Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

North American vs European Steering Wheel

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Which steering wheel do you guys like better? North American vs European Steering Wheel

North American Fiesta ST Steering Wheel

European Fiesta ST Steering Wheel

F

Froctor

Is the size the same?

The only thing I have to say about the N/A steering is that it is a little big. Also, it would have been nice to have the flat bottom.

S

ST_Rocky

Is the size the same?

The only thing I have to say about the N/A steering is that it is a little big. Also, it would have been nice to have the flat bottom.
Yes, flat bottom like my old VW wheel, would've been a nice touch for all ST models.

R

rodmoe

both have the dimple leather just poor cam angle .. never had a flat bottom wheel what's the plus of it ?

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
The difference of the two steering wheels while minor, are different enough to still make a difference. If you look at the center cover of the European ones it seems less bulky and more rounded at the top giving more visibility to the dash ares via the opening. I addition, it seems that you get slightly more of a grip area on the bottom half of the Euro version.

Here are better pictures, you can see the raised cover area aboved the horn seems more significant on the NA versions.

Euro version

both have the dimple leather just poor cam angle .. never had a flat bottom wheel what's the plus of it ?
I would say the flat bottom steering wheels makes it easier to get in and out of the car and leg clearance.

R

rodmoe

Looks the same to me other than the air bag cover. On a side note they can keep their center stack with all the buttons

O

Oscar Sanchez

Whats the difference in all those switches on the dqsh below air vent where the headlights controls are

F

Froctor

On a side note they can keep their center stack with all the buttons
Amen to that!

Also, if you look underneath the hvac controls, they are missing the interior lightings and t/c off button. Is it hiding somewhere else?

And no auto headlights?