Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Complaint center, and other fiesta issues.

R

robot

The FiST feels like a car was designed from the floor for performance.
Now every time I drive my regular Fiesta I imagine myself in the ST. Dang, it's hard to have to wait.

For the heck of it, I checked inventory of the ST of nearby Ford dealers and like about 3 dealers only had one in stock each. Who knows what their inventory will be like at the end of the year, but I'd travel a good ways to find a dealer with several to pick from when I'm ready to buy.

O

Old Pirate

After my test drive in a ST today, you won't be disappointed not all. I was happy as a little kid after my drive. The dealer let me take it on the interstate and it was pedal to the metal time for me and that ST!

R

robot

After my test drive in a ST today, you won't be disappointed not all. I was happy as a little kid after my drive. The dealer let me take it on the interstate and it was pedal to the metal time for me and that ST!
Maybe I haven't taken a test drive yet is because of fear. The fear of liking it so much and then knowing I can't buy it for a while. But the day will come. If anything, it will show if I'm even barking up the right tree to keep it on my wish list.

S

stuntdoogie

I test drove a white base 3 days ago and was surprised the dealer let me go alone LOL big mistake! I put about 20 miles on it and ordered a silver one instead. I wanted to keep going and goin...

L

lessard.dcj

Warning: Rant.

So when i ordered my car and noticed winter would be here by the time my car came in, i asked the sales manager about getting winter tires for it. he says and quote "ask us when your car comes in because we can throw them in as part of the deal and you will only pay cost, and not retail." I said great will do. Fast forward to my car arriving. car arrives and i ask the sales man who im working with about the tire deal i had with the sales manager, he says ill have to talk to him about it. (in my mind i ask myself why am i going to talk to the manager and not you). So i come back the next day ask the sales manager and he says " ill find out Monday for you as the parts guy is gone for weekend and do not have access to their pricing system."
Monday rolls around and i get the call, it goes like this.

Ford: "Hey we found some tires for you, hard to find winters to fit stock wheels. We found Blizzak 205/40/17 at 450$ ish each. but for you 240. Be about 1200 installed balanced and out the door."
Me: "HUH"
Ford: "What"
Me: "What about running a 195/55/16 on Other fiesta wheels?. or something similar."
Ford: "Nope, the shop received a service bulletin stating that we are not to deviate from stock ST wheel size. You can put whatever you want but we cant."
Me: "... Ok but in the supplement it says i can run smaller wheel/tire for areas that use chains... (sales manager cuts me off)
Ford: "That is an old Supplement and we have to go by the bulletin."
Me: "Ok, so what about these tires you found?"
Ford: "We can have them here in a month. End of November."
Me: "well that wont do as i will be out of the country from mid Nov till March. Hears hat ill do. ill look for some tires and let you know what i decide"
Ford: "ok sounds good"

we hang up.

i go on Tire Rack and find Blizzak ws60 205/40/17 for 120$ a tire shipped to my door with customs and other fees 800. and UPS says be here by THIS Thursday the 31st.
So this morning i go into ford and tell the sales manager i found tires and they will be here by Thursday and ask if they could install them he says yep. we talk to the shop guys and its no problem, i can have them installed next week. i ask the shop if I'm going to be charged for that as it was part of the deal except i couldn't wait for a month for rubber to show up so i bought my own. He goes and speaks to the sales manager, comes back and says "nope you are paying the 80$ for the install." so i cancelled my apt. and leave, furious at how I've been treated there ever since i ordered the car. my entire experience with that dealership except with the owner has been terrible.

End Rant

R

robot

Yes sir, today's motto is, "How may we screw you today?" Say anything, just get your money.

Few weeks ago I went to the dealer that I bought my 2011 Fiesta because I wanted to test drive the ST. I walk in and no one gives me attention, even as I look at the few cars in the show room. There are "workers" with name tags and casual cloths that look like salesman, but they're busy chatting watching the football game, it's Sunday.

So, after several minutes I go to their front desk and tell them I'd like to test drive the ST, the lady calls on the loud speaker for a salesman. So I read ST brochure for about 10 minutes as I wait, while those same 3 guys chat watching the football game.

I walked out CONVINCED, I will NEVER buy a car from them. I want a dealer to be hungry for business and not treat people as if they are so important, you will wait while our show room whatever-they-are people standing there chatting in front of you as they watch the football game.

For what it's worth, I wrote up a negative internet review on them.

A

alexanderfreenote

Warning: Rant.

So when i ordered my car and noticed winter would be here by the time my car came in, i asked the sales manager about getting winter tires for it. he says and quote "ask us when your car comes in because we can throw them in as part of the deal and you will only pay cost, and not retail." I said great will do. Fast forward to my car arriving. car arrives and i ask the sales man who im working with about the tire deal i had with the sales manager, he says ill have to talk to him about it. (in my mind i ask myself why am i going to talk to the manager and not you). So i come back the next day ask the sales manager and he says " ill find out Monday for you as the parts guy is gone for weekend and do not have access to their pricing system."
Monday rolls around and i get the call, it goes like this.

Ford: "Hey we found some tires for you, hard to find winters to fit stock wheels. We found Blizzak 205/40/17 at 450$ ish each. but for you 240. Be about 1200 installed balanced and out the door."
Me: "HUH"
Ford: "What"
Me: "What about running a 195/55/16 on Other fiesta wheels?. or something similar."
Ford: "Nope, the shop received a service bulletin stating that we are not to deviate from stock ST wheel size. You can put whatever you want but we cant."
Me: "... Ok but in the supplement it says i can run smaller wheel/tire for areas that use chains... (sales manager cuts me off)
Ford: "That is an old Supplement and we have to go by the bulletin."
Me: "Ok, so what about these tires you found?"
Ford: "We can have them here in a month. End of November."
Me: "well that wont do as i will be out of the country from mid Nov till March. Hears hat ill do. ill look for some tires and let you know what i decide"
Ford: "ok sounds good"

we hang up.

i go on Tire Rack and find Blizzak ws60 205/40/17 for 120$ a tire shipped to my door with customs and other fees 800. and UPS says be here by THIS Thursday the 31st.
So this morning i go into ford and tell the sales manager i found tires and they will be here by Thursday and ask if they could install them he says yep. we talk to the shop guys and its no problem, i can have them installed next week. i ask the shop if I'm going to be charged for that as it was part of the deal except i couldn't wait for a month for rubber to show up so i bought my own. He goes and speaks to the sales manager, comes back and says "nope you are paying the 80$ for the install." so i cancelled my apt. and leave, furious at how I've been treated there ever since i ordered the car. my entire experience with that dealership except with the owner has been terrible.

End Rant
yep. once you buy it, your totally on your own nobody cares, until you start smashing their employee phone on a desk, that's when all managers GM and sales will come to the rescue with, sir this, and sir that.

seriously though, the only thing i like at ford is buying brakes and installing it there, because then you have free break pads for life, only pay labour, not a bad deal. just buy your tires and install them elsewhere, it's a simple job that won't void your warranty.

A

alexanderfreenote

Yes sir, today's motto is, "How may we screw you today?" Say anything, just get your money.

Few weeks ago I went to the dealer that I bought my 2011 Fiesta because I wanted to test drive the ST. I walk in and no one gives me attention, even as I look at the few cars in the show room. There are "workers" with name tags and casual cloths that look like salesman, but they're busy chatting watching the football game, it's Sunday.

So, after several minutes I go to their front desk and tell them I'd like to test drive the ST, the lady calls on the loud speaker for a salesman. So I read ST brochure for about 10 minutes as I wait, while those same 3 guys chat watching the football game.

I walked out CONVINCED, I will NEVER buy a car from them. I want a dealer to be hungry for business and not treat people as if they are so important, you will wait while our show room whatever-they-are people standing there chatting in front of you as they watch the football game.

For what it's worth, I wrote up a negative internet review on them.
i hear what you're saying, but at the same time i prefer no sales people bothering me when i'm just looking around, because usually i know exactly what i want. but if you asked for help and nobody came around, that's very bad! also, i called a ford dealership in toronto to test drive the ST and they told me over the phone "there's no way we will allow test drives on the ST". weirdos. lol