Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Spain's Car Magazine salutes Fiesta ST

City
Houston

Madrid, Spain, October 24, 2013 ? Ford Fiesta ST impressed Spain?s Car Magazine when it compared the 11 best sports cars tested in the previous 12 months.
Fiesta was rated alongside the Jaguar F-Type V8 S, McLaren 12C Spider, Audi R8 V10 Plus, Lamborghini Aventador Roadster, VW Golf GTI, Porsche Cayman S, Ferrari F12, Aston Martin Vanquish, Mercedes A45 AMG and Porsche 911 GT3.

The verdict: ?The Ford Fiesta ST is a car that offers more for less. It competes with dignity against cars that are 10 times as expensive?The important thing is that this car is very fun to drive. It?s never slow or short on braking power, even when driven on fast and solitary roads. The transmission is delightfully precise. Until recently, a car with accelerations from 0-100km/h in 6.9 seconds was considered quite fast (the 1986 Sierra RS Cosworth clocked 6.6 seconds).?

?Powered by the energetic 1.6-liter 182PS turbocharged engine, the Fiesta ST is one of those rare cars that transcend their humble origins. The brakes are powerful, the steering is lively and balanced, the front axle is precise and the rear axle is agile and playful. A sports car for the real world, the Fiesta uses its small size to its advantage. In contrast, many ?monsters? ? namely the Aston, Ferrari, Audi and especially the Lamborghini ? are uncomfortable to drive on sinuous roads. Simply, they are too big and powerful for certain secondary roads.?

?It?s no surprise that Ford received nearly 10,000 orders for this model in the first half of 2013, twice as many as anticipated. The Fiesta ST is selling especially well in the UK ? nearly 50 per cent of total sales ? followed by Germany. If you want to drive a sports car but can?t afford an exotic toy, the Fiesta ST is a top-notch alternative.?

R

robot

"The Fiesta ST is selling especially well in the UK – nearly 50 per cent of total sales"

I thought I remember reading that in the US they predict the ST to be about 4% of the sales. Wonder why. If I were guessing, you can't shift and eat and drink so easily as you drive, but the automatic allows not only that, but texting too. The cure for the ST to sell in the US is to make an automatic for it. OK, maybe I'm being too cruel, but I hope it stays a stick. Why? I don't know, just give it some "badge" for those that like sticks.

It's hard to fathom so many great write ups about the Fiesta ST.

R

rodmoe

LOL not being too cruel just brutally honest... and I am not a fan of Fords dsg auto yet... plus I must admit a third pedal is more fun than my last cars flappy paddle shifters ... And I don't eat in my cars coffee maybe but not food...
If your drive a FiST on a tight twisty road even with TC full on you will understand the right up as this car just freakin works !!! Some cars hit on some thing great like the FRS was rear drive well balanced sexy looking car with NO power below 4k that was a deal breaker for me in the end.. Plus I have now found I really like small doors in tight spaces via the 5 door hatch vs the long doors of a 2 or 3 door car ..
Ok sorry but I do enjoy the FiST

R

robot

I have now found I really like small doors in tight spaces via the 5 door hatch vs the long doors of a 2 or 3 door car ..
Ok sorry but I do enjoy the FiST
I'm finding I agree with you. Over the last 35 years or so I've driven small cars and all had a stick, none a sports car though. For many years I had to fly and rent cars, and I always liked coming home to my car even though none of them were fancy.

Matter of fact, here's how screwed up I am. There's a possibility of an invention I have selling in early 2014. So, if you're going to dream, dream big. Now I'm reading a decent amount about many cars and keep coming back to the conclusion that a vast majority are too big for me, so even if I could afford them, I wouldn't really want them.

The Golf GTI (plus R too) sure has some nice specs but the looks are boring. Anyway, I keep on coming back to the FiST. Nice and small, looks great and is fun to drive. Life is good.

A

alexanderfreenote

i like small doors too!!! also, the insurance is cheaper on 5 doors vs 3... you don't have to move the seat for people to jump in. i actually prefer the 5 doors