Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Official Fiesta ST Ordered Thread

A

alexanderfreenote

right now i can get 0% and a winter tire package, or keep the employee pricing and 0%.

Also how long after your car is released from plant will it take for it to be shipped?
Not sure about how long. I've heard some people waited months, others got it in a week. Weird as hell I tell ya.

On a side not, I hope my car does NOT arrive by October 16 (3 months), this way I will break their balls for compensation and I'll ask for winter tires/wheels. If that doesn't work I'll ask only for the tires. If that doesn't work I'll ask for extended warranty. AND if that doesn't work I'll ask for an additional discount for my wait time. They know me so well there that I think they'll give me something for my troubles. LOL

A

alexanderfreenote

right now i can get 0% and a winter tire package, or keep the employee pricing and 0%.

Also how long after your car is released from plant will it take for it to be shipped?
Not sure what the winter tire package includes but if it's rubber and rims then you're better off keeping the employee pricing because it's worth $2255 and the tire/rim combo would probably be around $1300 or so.

R

rodmoe

Mine was built on the 12 of Sept and shipped on the 27th ... Hurricanes and Holiday got in the way though now my car is sitting in Memphis TN on the CN rail line waiting to be hauled up here ETA is Oct 17 yet .. Wow is all I gots to say WOW .... Still at least I can track its progress now :)

M

MJ1246

That's a no-brainer if you already have employee. I've been pricing out tires and rims, I'm at 1550 with alloys and Michelin x-ice 3 15". Fountain tire house bran GT Champiro Ice pro with studs for 1400. I do live in Edmonton so I'm thinking studs but the x-ice 3 seems the better tire.

G

GerardF1

I ordered mine August 29th. No build date yet - No ETA ... I am so not used to waiting for things [mecry]

A

alexanderfreenote

I did a little research today and looked up some VINs from my dealer of cars sitting on the lot (through their inventory site) built at the same plant, some fiesta se.

I do have some bad news.
I found 3 Fiesta SE built on SEP 27 2013 and they have already arrived and are sitting at my dealer. My ST was built on SEP 26 2013 (one day BEFORE the other fiestas) and hasn't even shipped yet.

So basically what they want you to think is happening, is that they only ship the STs together, not with other cars.

What I really think is happening is: They are making room for stock orders on the train car and leaving the retail orders (since it is a secured sale) until they have an empty spot to put it in, if there are no empties, then you wait and wait and wait and nobody cares because they know we will wait for a car since there are not many available to be bought off the lots.

What a scam Ford is doing. Let it be known Ford doesn't really care about you, it's all about profits. They may have nice cars, but they don't care about the customer, only the dealers.

O

Oscar Sanchez

Well from my knowledge here in puerto rico the STs where delivered by by themselves to the dealers. No other cars only ST. I got mine from the dealer i did not order. I was told you can order but it takes around 90 days for delivery. Thats all the info I got.

A

alexanderfreenote

Well from my knowledge here in puerto rico the STs where delivered by by themselves to the dealers. No other cars only ST. I got mine from the dealer i did not order. I was told you can order but it takes around 90 days for delivery. Thats all the info I got.
Hey Oscar,

Where did you get your information from, did the dealer tell you they only ship STs out on the same rail or convoy? Since you bought yours off the lot I don't see how you would know which cars were on the rail with your ST.
The wait for Fiesta ST and the regular fiesta factory ordered is 10-12 weeks, it doesn't make a difference if it is ST or SE.

October 16 will be 90 days for me. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to early or mid November. Like I said earlier, Ford does not care about the customer, they want to sell as many cars as possible and have them available for sale at the dealer lots. So it makes sense, to me, to ship out unsold cars first and then wait for the sold ones. It is one big corporate scam.

A

alexanderfreenote

Also... I bought a Focus in 2012 factory order. They said 6 weeks delivery. I waited for 4 weeks and no VIN. I cancelled the order and bought something off the lot because the factory retail orders take WAY too long. Next time I buy a car, if I need a factory order, I will tell the sales manager that I want it to be ordered as a STOCK order not RETAIL, that way you will get it very quick.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
According to a manger at Ford Customer Service, they don't ship out the Fiesta STs as a group. However sometimes your vehicle might be unlucky and get blocked in by other vehicles that are completed after yours. So instead of using the first in first out(FIFA) method, they use the last in first out(LIFA) method which explains alexanderfreenote issues. Additionally these cars come from Mexico, so the further you live from Mexico and the required shipping method to get the vehicle to you can also affect your waiting time.

O

Oscar Sanchez

Yes cars here come by boat. This is my experience. I pre ordered a car that that was scheduled to arrive on the 21 of sept. I did not order. I called all ford dealers in PR to be put on a list so as soon as they had news they would call me. The called me on the 4th of sept saying they car should arrive on the 21st but that to ensure they saved the car for me i had to put a deposit of 550$$ (registration fees) So I did and got a vin # I ran the vin thru ford etis and it gave a june built date. After that they called me the 20th saying the car was on the port and should be delivered to the dealer on the 21st. They arrived by themselves and I think a mustang nothing else. They could not get me financing so in the end I went with another dealer and another car. Note all STs here got delivered to all dealers at the same time same day the 21st . It might be different in the US. Also I got 3 vin numbers for 3 cars from 3 different dealers and vin number all where almost identical except the last 2 nunbers where 1 was 78 the other 79 and 80. I dont know much bout how ford handles deliveries.

O

Old Pirate

Yes cars here come by boat. This is my experience. I pre ordered a car that that was scheduled to arrive on the 21 of sept. I did not order. I called all ford dealers in PR to be put on a list so as soon as they had news they would call me. The called me on the 4th of sept saying they car should arrive on the 21st but that to ensure they saved the car for me i had to put a deposit of 550$$ (registration fees) So I did and got a vin # I ran the vin thru ford etis and it gave a june built date. After that they called me the 20th saying the car was on the port and should be delivered to the dealer on the 21st. They arrived by themselves and I think a mustang nothing else. They could not get me financing so in the end I went with another dealer and another car. Note all STs here got delivered to all dealers at the same time same day the 21st . It might be different in the US. Also I got 3 vin numbers for 3 cars from 3 different dealers and vin number all where almost identical except the last 2 nunbers where 1 was 78 the other 79 and 80. I dont know much bout how ford handles deliveries.
Yes they almost always ship to PR like this to give dealers a stock to sell at the same time.

A

alexanderfreenote

According to a manger at Ford Customer Service, they don't ship out the Fiesta STs as a group. However sometimes your vehicle might be unlucky and get blocked in by other vehicles that are completed after yours. So instead of using the first in first out(FIFA) method, they use the last in first out(LIFA) method which explains alexanderfreenote issues. Additionally these cars come from Mexico, so the further you live from Mexico and the required shipping method to get the vehicle to you can also affect your waiting time.
I hear ya. I can easily wait a few more weeks with no issue, but seeing cars built after mine going to the exact same dealer in less than 2 weeks after build is very poor logistics IMHO. I mean, my car was built only a day before the other ones, they can't possibly say my car was way back in the lot and impossible to reach. Besides, they have the keys, they can easily move another car if that was the issue. I truly think it was a "release the stock order" and "hold the retail" until we get an empty spot. Like I said earlier, Ford makes some really nice cars nowadays, no doubt. But they need to treat the retail customer with a little bit more respect, we are all waiting for our factory orders, meanwhile they have cars sitting in lots all over the place. I may be a fool, but I'm no idiot.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
But they need to treat the retail customer with a little bit more respect, we are all waiting for our factory orders, meanwhile they have cars sitting in lots all over the place. I may be a fool, but I'm no idiot.
I agree with you there brother, there are ST's sitting on the lots at my local dealers that aren't selling and here we are all waiting for our orders to arrive.

A

alexanderfreenote

I agree with you there brother, there are ST's sitting on the lots at my local dealers that aren't selling and here we are all waiting for our orders to arrive.
That's because they would rather have it on display than fill the retail orders in a timely fashion. What these dumb corporate suits don't understand or fail to implement their understanding of (if they actually understand), is that if there are ST's actually on the street it is a much better promotional tool than having them sit at a dealership lot where nobody will see it. You see, if I drive a car, and I'm not in the market to buy a new car, if I see a nice car on the street, I may consider swapping or buying. By having cars sitting in a showroom or lot, you're not promoting the vehicle that much.

Considering Mexico is in North America, it shouldn't take more than two weeks to get to any location, except Yukon Territories and Alaska or some random island like PR.

Cars built in Mexico have, and consistently do get to Canada (Toronto, to be specific) in a week. That's not too bad, considering it's the 4th largest city in North America.

Hopefully they read these forums and they can make the system better for others, and myself who place orders in the future.

Bless

R

rodmoe

ETTX 902068 Load At Receiver Markham, IL 09 Oct 06:10 CT
Found this when I checked my railcar status this morning ... Best I can tell is the car is being unloaded and sent to the trucking company to haul it the 5 hrs from near Chicago to Central Wisconsin.. So within the Week I am hoping my ST comes in to the dealer !!!

If you are into geek things like this if you google Markham IL and look at the rail yard on the google maps Sat view it's HUGE Canadian National Railyard Zoom in on "A" and take a look a lil north to see the car unloading guess its closer to "B" (up and to the left on map just a lil bit) on this map... When you think of all the trains and all the loads it kinda neat they get where they are going at all ....