Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Mountune intake review for my Fiesta ST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
I recently installed a Mountune intake and wanted to give you guys my personal opinion of the product.

The Product:
These are the items that are included with the Mountune intake system.

The Pros:
The great thing about this product is the ease of installation. An average person can install this intake in about an hour or less. The Mountune airbox itself is made from solid metal and the painted finish seems very durable. I happened to kick it a few times by accident on the garage floor and there were no signs of any scratches. I also had no issues fidgeting with the installation and the box sits perfectly in the stock location. The intake system retains most of the stock plumbing so it made the installation process very easy. The provided directions were also very easy to follow with detailed pictures.

The Cons:
What I didn't like about this intake is the hose that attaches to the bottom of the box to draw in the cold air. The way the directions instructs you to tuck the hose into the bumper and above the fog light I didn't feel was a good location. I wish Mountune would have provided a mount where it could be fastened to a more secured location. I'll probably end up securing this to an existing hose to keep it from falling loose. The other part which I didn't like was having to remove the headlight for this install, this really added to the installation time as it was a pain to put the headlight back on. Lastly, for what you get, the price is a bit on the high side. I would say a better market price for this product is about $250.

The Videos:
Revving to about 6000rpm.
[video=youtube_share;Mt6Ko7WP_g8]http://youtu.be/Mt6Ko7WP_g8[/video]

Mountune vs. Stock
[video=youtube_share;asuruniHJCo]http://youtu.be/asuruniHJCo[/video]

The Conclusion:
While I haven't driven the car enough to conclude if there is an increase in fuel efficiency, I do find that the car pulls a bit better in 2nd and 3rd gear. You can also hear the sound of the turbo more prominently in the lower gears than before. In conclusion for anyone looking for an easy to install intake, this is something I would highly recommend. However if you are expecting a big difference in performance a tune will be better suited for your needs.