Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Official Fiesta ST Ordered Thread

L

lessard.dcj

Found this when I checked my railcar status this morning ... Best I can tell is the car is being unloaded and sent to the trucking company to haul it the 5 hrs from near Chicago to Central Wisconsin.. So within the Week I am hoping my ST comes in to the dealer !!!

If you are into geek things like this if you google Markham IL and look at the rail yard on the google maps Sat view it's HUGE Canadian National Railyard Zoom in on "A" and take a look a lil north to see the car unloading guess its closer to "B" (up and to the left on map just a lil bit) on this map... When you think of all the trains and all the loads it kinda neat they get where they are going at all ....
hey Rodmoe, how did you get your rail info, and who do you contact to get daily info?

R

rodmoe

maybe we should make a thread( I did start one here add to it if needed) with factory build and tracking look up info
But I have used this as well as logging in to the CN website and using their tracking tools..

Tracking your car with the ETTX number
I just found some instructions on how to track your car if you have the ETTX number (the rail car number).

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it, enjoy your updated status report.

R

rodmoe

Nice about two weeks if that and you should be able to see your window sticker using the VIN number and maybe less than that till they build it :)

G

GerardF1

thanks for the into. First time I ever special ordered a car - like waiting for Santa. Thought I was too old to believe in Santa... [lovest]

L

lessard.dcj

ok so ford said to me today that my ETA has been pushed up to OCT 26 , thats down from Nov 12-18 i got last week [woot]

H

Halian

@lessard.dcj - 26 Oct...

I'm in a completely different market - UK, near Oxford, and my date is (still) October 26th as well! Damn but it's taking forever to come... The wait is hell!

L

lessard.dcj

I'm in a completely different market - UK, near Oxford, and my date is (still) October 26th as well! Damn but it's taking forever to come... The wait is hell!
not fair, you live farther east. so even if our cars had same delivery time you get yours first.

Whats the future like?[cool]

H

Halian

Future's Molten Orange!

My warranty will expire first too! (going to try extending that to five years). I'm waiting for the dealer to say that the times moved on to November (opposite of you). Two Saturday's to go! I was calculating how many hours that was before I got out of bed this morning. Sad! And "too many" is the answer.

You've probably said somewhere - what color/options did you go for? We get (some) different choices here - other than the three door/five door thing. Less colors for example. I've gone with Molten Orange (I'm of a certain age, bit old to be a "boy racer") - figured I might as well make a statement. I liked the Blue and White also in European color choices.

Seats are the Recaros (not an option to not have them here) - in grey/charcoal.

A

alexanderfreenote

That would really suck! Hopefully they have a backup plan by delivering vehicles via truck.
You would think so, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just let them sit in their lot until CN Rail sorts things out.

As for Lessard, you don't have to worry, your car will arrive in a few more days.

A

alexanderfreenote

Oh, my salesman called me today, he said everything is normal and delivery is due for Nov 3rd. I laughed and said, "relax buddy, everything is NOT normal, we'll wait a couple more weeks and you will find out". He told me not to be so negative. Then I informed him that other cars built after mine going further than Toronto have already been delivered. He didn't have much to say except, "just be patient buddy, everything is ok". I ended the call with, "thanks, but if I'm not patient then I'll become a patient".

Last edited:
A

alexanderfreenote

lol, yea suck for you, i would be getting something for my troubles if i were you.
lol ya they're probably doing their 100km evaluation test drive through mexico city with MY car. how would i get anything for that, these guys will look me in the eyes straight faced and tell me "it took so long because of some mexicans driving around the city doing an evaluation test" and slap a yellow sticker on my window like they did to rodmoe.

pricks

R

rodmoe

Ouch sorry for your pain but that is a good one ... thanks after going to the dealer today to hammer out my trade (aka bring your own sand) I needed a laugh... Thanks Oh FYI I looked at the dealer car they had there and it had a yellow sticker with only 18 miles logged on its Eval... must not have liked the stock seats as much as mine Recaro's ...