Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Driving Experience

Titanium

City
Dearborn heights
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 ford fiesta titanium
Is it normal to feel the first three gear changes upon accelerating after a full stop.
It feels as if the engine shuts off for a second at every gear change from the first to the third. Gear changes after the third are very smooth and unnoticeable.
Fiesta with automatic transmission.

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
hey there , not that mine is automatic but , i had similar problems on other vehicles with auto trans

check fluid and filter if possible
trans mount or engine mount
properly charged battery
all the grounds in place and clean and last but not least
Transmission module

hope this helps

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Gear changes should be pretty firm and pronounced with the Powershift transmission. The downshifts are slightly less firm. It's important to not lift off the throttle during acceleration. Also do not tickle or brush the brake pedal when on the throttle. Those behaviors act to "confuse the controller" as to exactly what you want from it.
Just drive it like you are in a bit of a rush. Tentative throttle and brake application starts the controller on a path of trying to guess what you will do next.