Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2012 Focus - Won’t Start Sometimes

MaceyH

City
Brockport
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Focus
I have a 2012 Focus that won’t start sometimes. If I pop the hood and wiggle the white wire near the battery cable (see photo) it will start but I have to do this almost every time I need to drive it. Had battery checked & it’s not that, battery wires aren’t corroded and terminals are tight & clean. Any thoughts on what this could be? Ford wants $150 just to try to diagnose it.

Attachments

Hoffer00

City
Crystal
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Focus Se
I have a 2012 Focus that won’t start sometimes. If I pop the hood and wiggle the white wire near the battery cable (see photo) it will start but I have to do this almost every time I need to drive it. Had battery checked & it’s not that, battery wires aren’t corroded and terminals are tight & clean. Any thoughts on what this could be? Ford wants $150 just to try to diagnose it.
not sure if this is still an issue. But check the wire diagrams to see what the white wire does. You have a 10 year old car don’t take it to the dealer unless you have a recall. Find a mechanic that is trustworthy.