Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 SE HB Build

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I'm guessing the 6 speed from the ST would bolt right on. The ratios are wonderful for spirited driving.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I meant for everyday use...

But I do understand.

For daily use and abuse you won't have gocart handling but "better handling". Just install....

FR3-FA suspension kit
Polyurethane bushings on the front subframe asb.
Get the lightest 17 inch wheels that won't set your credit card on fire. (Judge by weight not strictly style)
17 inch speed rated tires that have a construction rating number after the size of around 105V or so.
Forget about all the other things i stated. It won't exactly get you gocart handling. But it's a fairly aggressive change from a visual standpoint and a noticeable handling upgrade. Again, minus the gocart. The basic fiesta is a very comfortable and compliant riding machine in stock form. You have to literally, physically remove the softness out of it.

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I got lighter wheels for my car. Reducing weight is always good for performance, but reducing unsprung weight is even better. I noticed a difference just driving it off the lot.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Considering how quickly the original tires wear out on the ST, going to lighter and smaller diameter wheels is also a big win on tire costs going forward!
When it comes to wheels, all the same benefits can be applied To our basic Fiesta’s.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Thread Starter #206
It's been a long year from last October when my dad started going downhill fast with ALS. First bath for my car in like 7 months. New house, 6-year-long divorce final, went to the 500 a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to install a set of shocks and springs soon thanks to @scotman!

20230615_140255-01.jpeg

RockSloth

City
Orange county
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford fiesta se 2013
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #208
Next Tuesday gonna get KYBs installed front & rear with new Ford FR3 springs, roll bar links & bushings. Stay tuned. Front & rear ride height for reference...7.5 & 8 inches respectively; not quite level ground, but a good consistent surface.

20230712_094229.jpg
20230712_094308.jpg
20230712_094812.jpg

Last edited:
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #209
It's back from the shop...lower and tighter but the ride appears compliant...more after I drive it over the weekend. About 7/8-inch lower at the front & about 3/4-inches lower at the rear. Visibly lower in the wheel wells.

20230721_142857.jpg

20230721_142831.jpg

20230721_142934.jpg

Last edited:
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #210
Suspension update. The ride is great...yes a bit firmer but I had factory 95k shocks on the car. So yeah the ride improved. Hard to say which made the most difference but the combination of new sway bar links & bushings and more compliant shocks makes cornering tighter (certainly noticeably less roll/yaw), front compresses far less under braking, and far less rattly and jittery (a symptom I have had with the car since I got it with 65k miles), all combine for much more fun. So far, so great! Thanks @scotman!

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #212
Suspension update: Lovin' the update. The FR3 springs are compliant but not wishy-washy...big difference in roll and yaw. The cornering is flatter and I feel more confident on turn-in. The shocks do a great job dampening as they should but most notable is the dive under breaking. When the car is weight forward under braking, there is enough piston left to absorb bumps without bottoming and shuttering. Thanks @scotman!

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #213
May I ask where you got your wing from? I just got a 2013 se hb and am beginning my build. I found your thread and it has already been extremely helpful and gave me several ideas. Also was it difficult to fit the new wing on?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079BGY3X8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was easy. I had to lengthen the brake wires about 6 inches & I PlastiDip-ed in black...otherwise pretty straightforward.

https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/2015-se-hb-build.7797/post-17715

Last edited:

Acing

City
Central
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE Manual Hatchback
That exact wing has been sitting in my Zamzon wishlist for about a month. The low customer review score had me worried. Maybe I'll pick it up after my front suspension is fixed.

This looks great. I was afraid a larger wing would look crap but this looks good.

Also really dig your painting that lower bit on your bumper.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #215
That exact wing has been sitting in my Zamzon wishlist for about a month. The low customer review score had me worried. Maybe I'll pick it up after my front suspension is fixed.

This looks great. I was afraid a larger wing would look crap but this looks good.

Also really dig your painting that lower bit on your bumper.
The wing is an exact replica of an ST wing so it looks great. I got mine from Amazon for the return policy. The price was sure right.

City
San Bernardino
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
04 Cobra R
People hate on K&N filters because they can get their oil on sensitive intake parts, but when that happens, it's usually because you over-oiled it.
When you clean it after 50,000 miles or so, you have to follow directions.