Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 SE HB Build

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Thread Starter #161
I posted some images in the thread. The one I got looks really nice. No rough edges to trim and the part has nice, smooth. Contours and no blemishing or roughness at all. Overall, i would say that it's a screaming deal for less than $75.00
Got it yesterday, but it was delayed by being delivered down the street (DOH!). I unboxed it and the thing looks great/fantastic. I may not even PlastiDip it right away. For the price, it's a steal. Hoping to fit it on Friday. My new sweetheart wants to help me do it. How fucking great is that?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
All the pieces are just incredibly smooth and without any rough edges.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #163
Got it yesterday, but it was delayed by being delivered down the street (DOH!). I unboxed it and the thing looks great/fantastic. I may not even PlastiDip it right away. For the price, it's a steal. Hoping to fit it on Friday. My new sweetheart wants to help me do it. How fucking great is that?
Ok here it is....sweetie couldn't help me but she supports my tinkering, which is great! Not sure yet about matching the PlastiDip....gotta think about it. It was a bit of a handful to mount up, but in the end I got it centered and locked in place. Took a bit over 90 minutes...some of that was putting it on stands so I could get myself under it enough to work.

AC is on the fritz. The compressor took a dump. Will get that fixed next week.

20220706_132156-01.jpeg
20220706_135147-01.jpeg
20220706_135959-01.jpeg
20220706_140018-01.jpeg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
How is the Plasti-dip on the grille holding up?

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #166
Road trip tomorrow....

20220707_191916-01.jpeg 20220707_185140.jpg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That splitter looks really good! Costs less than 75 dollars but looks like it cost 200!

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #169
Just this yesterday...

20220825_065012-01.jpeg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Good Check digit routine, but that 100,000 digit is missing a segment!
[driving] [drummer] [hihi]

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The upcoming Mustang GT will feature a splitter in at least one option package.
This does not look any better or worse than the one i test fitted onto my 2011 basic fiesta. I am not sure if that is good or bad. Mustang-render-1024x555.jpg

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #173
how much of a pain was it to change the cabin filter?
Well it took about 30 minutes. Not hard but it is a bit fiddly getting the new one in and unfolded.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #174
@scotman arranged some great parts to add to my HB. A set of prototype first-of-production spec KYB shocks with all the hardware and new tophats all around and a set of FR-3 springs. Hope to get these put on in the next couple of weeks.

20221007_120129.jpg

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
They aren’t prototypes LT. those are real deal production spec KYB dampers. You just have the first set available for public consumption !
The guy’s at KYB were aware that I was waiting for them to release the front struts to go with the rear dampers I have had for some time. My next Fiesta hasn’t found me yet. So, I passed these on to you because you have a Fiesta that needs dampers. Plus, I want to see how it looks on the European spec/FRP springs with the splitter!
These KYB dampers should become widely available in the next couple of weeks. My experience with KYB has been primarily on Honda Civic and Fit. The quality control and overall feel of the KYB dampers always felt like a more expensive product than what it cost. I would choose them over the other low price “name brands” just because of the consistent quality. With the release of the KYB front struts, I think the Fiesta owner now has the widest choice range of price and type of dampers of any car in its size category on the planet. (Yeah, I said planet)

Last edited:
City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
@scotman arranged some great parts to add to my HB. A set of prototype first-of-production spec KYB shocks with all the hardware and new tophats all around and a set of FR-3 springs. Hope to get these put on in the next couple of weeks.

View attachment 7020
Anxious to see these installed. Are they going to lower the car? I may be interested...

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
They aren’t prototypes LT. those are real deal production spec KYB dampers. You just have the first set available for public consumption !
The guy’s at KYB were aware that I was waiting for them to release the front struts to go with the rear dampers I have had for some time. My next Fiesta hasn’t found me yet. So, I passed these on to you because you have a Fiesta that needs dampers. Plus, I want to see how it looks on the European spec/FRP springs with the splitter!
These KYB dampers should become widely available in the next couple of weeks. My experience with KYB has been primarily on Honda Civic and Fit. The quality control and overall feel of the KYB dampers always felt like a more expensive product than what it cost. I would choose them over the other low price “name brands” just because of the consistent quality. With the release of the KYB front struts, I think the Fiesta owner now has the widest choice range of price and type of dampers of any car in its size category on the planet. (Yeah, I said planet)
I put KYBs on my last car ('96 Geo Metro 3 cylinder). The ride was both more comfortable, and far better in corners. They were just OEM replacements, nothing fancy, of course.

I still remember bopping up to Wrightwood and back on 2. That car was painfully slow, but boy, did it corner. [driving]

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Anxious to see these installed. Are they going to lower the car? I may be interested...
The lowering coils I sent Lions Tooth are basically the stock European market coils I can’t recall the spec. But, it is not extreme at all.
The KYB dampers should be perfectly fine with the euro Fiesta springs. No ride degradation with the bonus of a lower polar moment of inertia. They should go together like pizza and beer!

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I put KYBs on my last car ('96 Geo Metro 3 cylinder). The ride was both more comfortable, and far better in corners. They were just OEM replacements, nothing fancy, of course.

I still remember bopping up to Wrightwood and back on 2. That car was painfully slow, but boy, did it corner. [driving]
That’s been the impression I have had. The KYB product has such nice balance of smooth ride and taut behavior in transitions. I have driven on many different dampers in Honda Civics and the KYB dampers just felt the most “sympatico” with the stock springs, wish I could find the words that describe it.
I have had a pair of the rear Excel G Fiesta dampers since 2018 waiting for KYB to release the front struts.
I am planning to try the Excel G dampers in combination with my O.Z. Ultralegerra wheels with a fresh set of 195/60 HR15 tires, either BFG, Michelin or Bridgestone touring types.
I might toss a pair of adjustable front sway bar links on just out of curiosity. I haven’t done that combination on a Fiesta yet.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #180
That’s been the impression I have had. The KYB product has such nice balance of smooth ride and taut behavior in transitions. I have driven on many different dampers in Honda Civics and the KYB dampers just felt the most “sympatico” with the stock springs, wish I could find the words that describe it.
I have had a pair of the rear Excel G Fiesta dampers since 2018 waiting for KYB to release the front struts.
I am planning to try the Excel G dampers in combination with my O.Z. Ultralegerra wheels with a fresh set of 195/60 HR15 tires, either BFG, Michelin or Bridgestone touring types.
I might toss a pair of adjustable front sway bar links on just out of curiosity. I haven’t done that combination on a Fiesta yet.
I have had a couple of sets of KYB in the past and liked them. Looking forward to these. "The packs are designed to lower your Ford Fiesta sedan or hatchback 12mm-15mm at the front-end and 22mm-28mm at the rear."