Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2016 Fiesta - no Bluetooth phone output from speakers

Teka

City
Reigate
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost PS100
My mobile phone pairs with the car SYNC system and I can use voice commands to make phone call.

There is no output from speakers and so can not hear others. During phone call the volume control is set to max.

All suggestions and help appreciated

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
You said volume is max?...Is that on both the phone and the SYNC speakers? Media volume on your phone needs to be pretty high or max.

OP
T

Teka

City
Reigate
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Lions Tooth for your msg

I'm anovice at setting up my phone for BT operation (the car is new to me), so please could you tell me how to find the volume setting on phone and on the SYNC speakers and how to set Media volume

To clarify
When I first turn the ignition key on the centre unit displays message and voice says "connected with emergency assistance of", I assume this means the phone is connecting via BT and the spaekers are working OK - is that correct?
during phone call pressing the "volume increase" button on steering wheel or on the centre unit shows the volume setting on the centre display. This at max.
whilst listerning to the radio, pressing the "volume increase" button on steering wheel or on the centre unit shows the volume setting on the centre display. This at about half max

I didn't appreciate that there is more than 1 set of speakers

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I only know an Android phone and my version of SYNC. Make sure your phone's Bluetooth is on. Turn the volume up on you SYNC...turn the middle knob clockwise...you should see a graph on the screen showing where the volume is from 0 to 25. On the left side of my steering wheel, I press the middle button. SYNC says something like choose a command. I say Bluetooth Audio. The system answers & connects to my phone. On your phone, swipe down from the very top of the screen...like where the clock is, etc. You should see a slider for sound and a drop-down arrow on the right. Touch the drop down arrow and make sure the Media slider is all the way to the right (full volume). Call voicemail and see if you hear anything or play something on your phone...music, etc.

OP
T

Teka

City
Reigate
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Solved

I found there is a menu item "privacy" and that this had been selected. Unselecting this and the speakers burst into life.

This option appears to be only available during a call

Ford privide information in the online owners manual, in the section
Using SYNC™ With Your Phone

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Solved

I found there is a menu item "privacy" and that this had been selected. Unselecting this and the speakers burst into life.

This option appears to be only available during a call

Ford privide information in the online owners manual, in the section
Using SYNC™ With Your Phone
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!