2019 Ford Edge Trailer ligts come back on after 20 seconds

Fionad

What I Drive
2019 Ford Edge SEL AWD
Issue: Start the engine with the door open, stop the vehicle and close the door. After the courtesy lights go off count 20 seconds and the trailer lights come back on. Trailer lights only go off after locking the door. This has been reported to Ford.
Questions: Has anyone else discovered this issue or can you reproduce it. Obviously there is a live connection, should I be concerned about it.

xbillx

City
Longs
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 ford edge ST
I have a 2019 and a 2020 Ford Edge ST . They both have a problem with the trailer lights . With the car off and parked , the running lights on the trailer light up for no reason . they may stay on for minutes or hours . The odd thing is that the running lights are only on the trailer not the car .

Ewh

City
Stephenville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2020 Ford Edge
I have a 2020 Edge with the same problem. Took it to the dealer and they told me there was no problem. I mentioned the test light and they told me you cant go by that. imagine, professionals

Last edited:
City
Honeoye Falls
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Edge ST 2.7L twin turbo V6
Issue: Start the engine with the door open, stop the vehicle and close the door. After the courtesy lights go off count 20 seconds and the trailer lights come back on. Trailer lights only go off after locking the door. This has been reported to Ford.
Questions: Has anyone else discovered this issue or can you reproduce it. Obviously there is a live connection, should I be concerned about it.
I’m 100% positive the thing you’re experiencing is due to the courtesy/approach lighting settings in your vehicle. A “quick fix” would be to just unplug the 4 Pin trailer plug. And reconnect it before driving it again, there honestly is no reason to leave the trailer connected (mechanically or electronically) when the vehicle and trailer are not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk