Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Back seat Seatbelt Sensor

Ruxis

City
Riga
State
Non-US
Country
Latvia
What I Drive
Ford fiesta MK 8.5 Active
Hei guys!
Wanted to know your thoughts on something.
I drive 2017 mk8.5 and i noticed something off.
When person gets out of back seat while car is still running dashboard shows excelmation mark (!) where person has been seated and makes noise. I dod a bit of troubleshooting and if i do and undo seatbelts even if there is noone sitting in back seat, it stills shows up on dashboard until i restart engine.
Wanted to know if that is something dealer should take a look into or its normal?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
IT just makes sure your baby or small child or elderly patient - didn't get sucked out the car.

Some people - just have a bad habit - tendency - to forget to check the back seat.

Let's you know that "Elvis has left the building".

IT is normal - there is a trick that others have used for the front seat belt reminder...

The key turned to on, the ding from the seatbelt occurs,

You wait a few moments until the seat belted passenger light on the dash goes off,
then you insert to click the seat belt, then release
- then click - then release with in several seconds,
Repeat until the little icon blinks - see if this trick works for your back seat passenger so they can "ride" and not bother you when they decide to bail.