Welcome to the #1 ST Forum and ST community dedicated to ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the ST Forum today!

Edge ST on order.

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
Due to age and infirmities, I am sadly giving up my 2017 Focus RS for this new Edge ST. I HOPE it does as well as the hype! I did NOT get the brake package, due to the 21" wheels ONLY coming with summer rubber, but I did order the A/S 265s on the optional black wheels. That means I can eventually get a WINTER tire package from Tire Rack, and use better rubber for the 21" wheels when the A/S tires wear out. I THINK that Stop Tech makes replacement slotted rotors that one can even get galvanized or Cadmium plated for winter weather, and they have a golden/bronze tint to them, and SHOULD do as well as the optional brake package that will (according to Tire Rack) only allow for 21" wheels (if one wanted a separate winter package!)
Hopefully there will be goodies for our new toys! So far, however, COBB has not indicated that they will provide "tunes" for the 2.7, nor exhausts, intercoolers, and CAIs. Can't wait for the car to arrive!

OP
G

GFelder3

City
Annville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Edge ST
Thread Starter #2
Happy to report, picked up my Perf. Blue Edge ST with the 21" wheels (no brake package, want to be able to put on smaller, narrower winter tires down the road. Car is plenty "quick" for its size, but am presently seeing how much mileage I can get by feather-footing it. Dealer Service rep surprised me: said to NOT change oil for 3000 miles, as rings are "low tension" and oil needs small amounts of particulates to help rings seat!(?) I WILL change over to full synthetic at 3K miles! Looking into K&N Filter replacement, too!