Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta time

rubio1313

City
EL CENTRO
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE 1.4L
Hey everyone, Glad to be part of this community. I have a 2014 1.4 L SE manual that I bought for my daughter. She didn't want to learn manual so now I have the car. Honestly, its a fun little car! Now that I am driving it, I want a few upgrades! I don't want a loud exhaust. I took out the resignator, (where I live you only smog once) and now I am looking into a cold air intake and maybe a throttle body spacer. besides the $359 K&N intake, any other companies I am not aware of that have a cold air intake for a great value? I do live in CA but can get it delivered to AZ. Thanks for any suggestions!

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Hey everyone, Glad to be part of this community. I have a 2014 1.4 L SE manual that I bought for my daughter. She didn't want to learn manual so now I have the car. Honestly, its a fun little car! Now that I am driving it, I want a few upgrades! I don't want a loud exhaust. I took out the resignator, (where I live you only smog once) and now I am looking into a cold air intake and maybe a throttle body spacer. besides the $359 K&N intake, any other companies I am not aware of that have a cold air intake for a great value? I do live in CA but can get it delivered to AZ. Thanks for any suggestions!
Cold air intake might grab you a small gain. Not sure what a spacer would accomplish. There aren't many power mods to do to a base model (an ST has way more options for that kind of thing). Welcome!

City
So Cal
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta S 1998 Ford ZX2
This appears to be for the 1.6L NA Fiesta
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AEM-Air-In...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The basic Fiesta loves lightweight wheels. Consider ones that weigh around 12.5 pounds and then shop for tires with an eye on the stated weight of each tire, usually listed in the specifications. I prefer to pick a lighter 195 60 15 over a heavier 185 60 15. It sounds crazy, but the variables are there among tire brands.
The construction of the tire you select will have an effect on handling and fuel economy. Only the driver knows what predominate conditions they operate under.
The basic Fiesta is a very nice driving car as is. But it can be greatly improved if you carefully chose items like wheels and tires, shocks and struts and a few select bushings.