Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Ford Focus 2012 Transmission problem

City
Palo Alto
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Focus
Hi all,

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE, 60k miles. The other day it stopped going in reverse. My local repair shop told me to take it to a dealer as the computer was showing the error code "P287A - Clutch B Stuck Engaged". The dealer is now telling me that the transmission is damaged, that they have to tear down transmission and replace clutch motor A and B and Clutch actuator A and B. Basically, the repair cost is beyond the price of the car... I asked if this is related to the TCM recall. I had them pull the history and they told me the TCM on my car has been flashed twice (including earlier this year after I received a letter) and the clutch has been replaced by a previous owner. They told me that the transmission problem is just tear and wear, and not related to the TCM. It's hard to believe! I'm looking for advices here. Thanks.

LPH

City
Mech
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Focus
Good evening … something just told me to research this TCM issue because ditto… my sons Ford Focus has been sitting at a Ford Dealership in Ashland VA for 4 weeks and they have had others for the same issue .. they all could not go into reverse and now need a TCM module and I’m being told by service they can’t get an update from Ford and they don’t even know if they will ever be produced at all.., I stated are these vehicles just junk then for one little part?? What’s Ford doing??