City
Consett
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Edge stline 2019
Hello,I had a problem when towing caravan on holiday the other week , my car lost power while in middle lane of motorway,a spanner appeared on dash with message "refer to manual",anyway I got on hard shoulder I stopped engine and when restarting it had cleared I continued, when I reached my destination I booked into a Ford dealer at Stroud , Glos.i took my car for diagnostics they gave me a list of fault codes it showed but couldn't tell me the cause,,,,then charged me £114,when I said the car wasn't even 2 years old and under warranty they told me if they had found something and fixed it,I wouldn't have been charged,,,,,,not very happy with that,bit like getting a slow puncture going to a tyre place and they blow it up and say there you are no problem,,,,,,had no more problem on holiday apart from coming home yesterday came up with low ad blue warning twice,it was still half full,about 2 miles from home lost power again with same refer to manual warning,will be ringing my dealer in morning,hopefully with last diagnostics faults cleared it should just come up with this fault and fixed with no more expense to me,, anybody else had same thing happen,?

OldVeteran

City
Amarillo
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 EDGE TITANIUM
Well, Glenny54, the problem could be EITHER of the two fuel pumps. #1, the in-tank pump (low pressure) could go wrong, and not be pumpng enough pressure to the high pressure fuel pump (HpFp) on the end of the exhaust side camshaft. This would cause the HpFp (#2) to overwork itself trying to keep the engine runnning. It cannot do this, so the PCM computer tosses in the white towel, and switches the system into "limp mode". This action is designed to, hopefully, prevent further damage until a solution can be found.

Hope this helps some with your caravan.

Oldveteran

OP
Glenny54

Glenny54

City
Consett
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Edge stline 2019
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for that Oldveteran, never had it happen since but unfortunately the Edge went back to dealer last week, was the best towcar I've ever had but have decided to go down the motorhome route and got a really good price for it, beautiful car so somebody else can enjoy it now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Ford Edge Forum (Second Generation) 0