Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

How To - Focus RS Lowering Spring Installation

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Steps on how to install lowering springs on the Focus RS. I ended up getting the Eibach Pro kit but these steps can be used on any types of springs and coilovers. I was very fortunate enough to have some great friends at a local car repair shop to assist with my installation.

1. Remove the windshield wipers.

2. Remove the cowl.

3. Disconnect the suspension wire (Both sides).

4. Removing brake calipers, brake wire and sheild.

5. Removing wheel hub.

6. Removing the strut assembly (3 bolts on each side).

7. Removing the front spring.

8. Removing the rear spring.

Before

After

Why did you have to remove the front knuckles? The front setup looks very similar to how it is on the ST and the knuckle removal is not necessary.

Sent from another garage.

OP
Tom

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Thread Starter #3
Why did you have to remove the front knuckles? The front setup looks very similar to how it is on the ST and the knuckle removal is not necessary.

Sent from another garage.
We actually did it both ways and found out by removing the knuckles there was much more clearance to hold the strut assembly while you're trying to remove and reinstall the wires from the adjustable suspension. But like you said either way would have been fine.