Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Ignition Problems. Possibly Related To Aftermarket Amp

cyabor

I have a 2013 ford focus that I just bought. It came with a Kicker amp and sub. The amp is wired right to the battery, I experience some problems with turing the car off. The key will turn and come out of the iginiton but the car is still running. What could the problem be and how can I fix it?

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Have you tried un-doing the wiring to the amp to see if it fixes the car issue? Once you've done that I can assist with helping you wire it back correctly.

I have a 2013 ford focus that I just bought. It came with a Kicker amp and sub. The amp is wired right to the battery, I experience some problems with turing the car off. The key will turn and come out of the iginiton but the car is still running. What could the problem be and how can I fix it?

OP
C

cyabor

Thread Starter #3
I have taken the pos from the amp to the battery off and it sparked and when that happened it turned the auxiliary power on, which I thought was very odd

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
I have taken the pos from the amp to the battery off and it sparked and when that happened it turned the auxiliary power on, which I thought was very odd
So right now you've disconnected the 12v wire from the amp? What about the auxiliary wire thats connected to the amp? Is that connected to something?

OP
C

cyabor

Thread Starter #5
I meant the accessory power to the car went on without the key in the ignition. That happened when I was taking the 12v amp wire off the pos and it sparked

Right now you have aux power even though the engine is off and your amp is no longer attached to any power? You check the fuse box behind the glove box to see if there are any weird wiring done to that?

I meant the accessory power to the car went on without the key in the ignition. That happened when I was taking the 12v amp wire off the pos and it sparked