Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Just stepped into the Fiesta world

dn4192

What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Well I am now a Ford Fiesta owner. About a week back I traded in my 2011 Cadillac CTS 4 for a 2019 Fiesta SE Hatchback with a total of 12 miles when I drove it off the lot. Overall I like the car, I am concerned a bit with some of the troubling news I found out about the other day with the older models transmissions, but with having 5 year 60,000 miles covreage makes me feel a little better. Presently I am in the break in stage for the car, I am around 225 miles already, most being city street driving, although this weekend I am going to take a small one day trip of about 230 miles roundtrip with most being freeway, so I hope that will help. I look forwad to following this site and picking up some needed info in the future.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
As you can see, it's a small world. I have reformed myself from hauling around much crap. So I consider it a bonus. I wouldn't worry about the transaxle, you will benefit from the massive rethink that has been done on the DPS6 box. Plus you have an excellent warranty. About the only thing that I feel is lacking in terms of utility and convenience is the rear cargo floor is lower than the seat backs when I fold the seatbacks down. Otherwise, the Fiesta is the perfect size for me.

OP
D

dn4192

What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
As you can see, it's a small world. I have reformed myself from hauling around much crap. So I consider it a bonus. I wouldn't worry about the transaxle, you will benefit from the massive rethink that has been done on the DPS6 box. Plus you have an excellent warranty. About the only thing that I feel is lacking in terms of utility and convenience is the rear cargo floor is lower than the seat backs when I fold the seatbacks down. Otherwise, the Fiesta is the perfect size for me.
Its a neat little car, in fact the smallest and newest car I have ever owned. Overall I like most aspects, there are a few issues but most cars have little issues. I would love to meet with car designers and see how and why they decide things like cup holders, radio set up in my case the windshield wipers....

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Its a neat little car, in fact the smallest and newest car I have ever owned. Overall I like most aspects, there are a few issues but most cars have little issues. I would love to meet with car designers and see how and why they decide things like cup holders, radio set up in my case the windshield wipers....
Yes. When space is limited more effective use of space is required. I especially like the door pockets that have room for a beverage bottle. I also like the center stack design. Phone, entertainment and HVAC are all easy to reach. The driver's seat in my 2011 SE hatchback is adjustable 6 ways. And the Recaro seats in my 2016 ST are wonderful on long drives.

OP
D

dn4192

What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Yes. When space is limited more effective use of space is required. I especially like the door pockets that have room for a beverage bottle. I also like the center stack design. Phone, entertainment and HVAC are all easy to reach. The driver's seat in my 2011 SE hatchback is adjustable 6 ways. And the Recaro seats in my 2016 ST are wonderful on long drives.
On mine I see the driver seat can go up and back, up and down and you can adjust the back but not much else. Since Im a big guy my seat is as far back as it can go which means no one in the back seat. I wish the steering wheel was a little easier to adjust

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It's a tilt/telescopic column. We've got as much adjustability as can be found in the segment this car is in.

OP
D

dn4192

What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
It's a tilt/telescopic column. We've got as much adjustability as can be found in the segment this car is in.
Mine seems difficult to unlock or lock into certain positions.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You might want to check out another Fiesta someplace just to compare with another one. I've never seen a discussion about any problem with the tilt/ tele mechanism.

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I have no issues unlocking mine, but locking it back into place takes more effort than I think it should. Makes me feel like I'm going to break something. First car I've owned that has a tilt wheel at all so I imagine I'll never adjust it again.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I have no issues unlocking mine, but locking it back into place takes more effort than I think it should. Makes me feel like I'm going to break something. First car I've owned that has a tilt wheel at all so I imagine I'll never adjust it again.
I found both of my Fiesta's have firm adjustment levers. I can't recall the last time I moved the steering column. They are firm but function smoothly.