Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Main 200A fuse wire

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
200 A? This one goes to the Battery to Fuse box junction - so it heads off to the main fuse block in the car.

But the color code seems wrong...I normally see a large #8 (Ga) wire in RED - not Yellow with Red stripe - that one I have goes to the 60A terminal.

OP
J

Joeknull

City
belfair
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta se
Thread Starter #3
The writing you describe is exactly what I have . Big red wire on the middle 200A and yellow and red on the 60A, and up top of the module is a red wire 450A
It’s the red wire next to the yellow I’m questioning on. I was inclined to think that was to the main fuse box?
I removed all fuses in main box but still has leakage,
So hard to trace with the sheathing. So I’m wondering if the red 200A is to starter?
It’s not the alternator, check that

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Ok, then Starter it is...

But make sure the larger gauge wires are to the heftier Fused terminals.

I have seen "swapping" of wrong AWG wire to wrong terminals, and it will blow that terminal fuse and these things are INTERGRATED - so you blow one, you have some spares but the whole terminal will need to be replaced soon.

So you know that Yellow with RED stripe wire is not meant for 250A or even 200A. IT belongs to a smaller terminal - usually 60A - the EPAS (Electric - Power - Assist - Steering) - and is about #10 AWG - about MAX for that size wire.

Here's some help from my system - color code is a bit different but the "RED" wire is from Starter and just above it - is a 450 Amp BLOCK fuse to keep the battery from starting a fire from it's CCA rating.

1653476706635.png

However - if you attach a wire of smaller Gauge - and put more current thru it - the fuse link won't blow, the WIRE will - ruining your day.

Many of those wires - above, look close - the lugs to wire are SOLDERED by myself to extend the life and service they can provide.

Highly recommend that this soldering step be done to any vehicles system to improve the reliability of their vehicles electrical system - Ground Lugs and every terminal they have access to - do it, if it's isn't already done..

Last edited:
OP
J

Joeknull

City
belfair
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta se
Thread Starter #5
So the 200A on your photo goes to your starter? It’s my 200A wire that’s got a small current draw with car off (does yours?) was curious if that’s normal

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Hmm...er no, the big wire should go to the main fuse block - the Red wire is more ALT and Starter - which the ALT wire is part of it's Starter Solenoid that branches BACK
1653519261786.png

Look carefully, note this layout is what "RED Positive Battery POST cover" is...

All the Distribution of power begins here.

RED wire is Starter Alternator (450A Post and Cable)
Other RED wire that uses smaller LUG and Post bolt (Side Terminal)
Goes to the Battery Junction Box (Your Engine Fuseblock) and is 200A rated

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
IF you're Sensing a draw - make sure the 200A one is the particular one - for it goes to the Main Fuse block

Also - you may need to pull relays.

Note in schematic above - you have 3 poles of MAIN FUSEBLOCK - 3 separate branches

This is one of them...
1653519930984.png

Note the "13-1 - 13-3" and Process Triangle A and D - then review the above - this is how the battery sends power out.

So if you say you're sensing power draw - this can be isolated to a particular location - but it's up to you on what you're trying to find. You said you pulled all Fuses - do you still have interior light, then you did NOT find them all - check relays too.

IT also comes to mind you may have a corrosion trail causing this draw from a corroded or bad link connector in the Fuse block itself - which requires disassembly to find that condition.

Last edited: