Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Need help please p0500

Dad9904

City
Wilmington
State
DE
Country
United States
What I Drive
13 fiesta se
Hi folks I’m trying to figure out where the gas is on a 2013 fiesta we 1.6 with the auto trans. Recently I had to replace the alternator and leading up to that I was having a Christmas tree of lights on the dash. The lights are the abs, Hill assist, tcs, and of course the cel. I pulled codes and it gave a main code of p0500,p0500(00) for the vss. I have searched online but I can’t find the actual location of the vss on the fiesta. I am not new to auto repair unfortunately my experience is mainly is Mitsubishi and cars prior to 95 for obvious reasons ( obd2 is the worst ). Could anyone kindly explain where I can find the vss on my fiesta I followed the harness to what I hope is the sensor drivers side sort of under the battery tray is a sensor on the trans with a 8-10mm nut sensor is black with a red o ring. I removed it hoping I was right checked for any physical damage there was none and re installed with no fix. I really appreciate any help or guidance. Thank you in advance

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Obd 2 is wonderful. It allows people who don't have a clue to bypass all the traditional trouble shooting pathways and ignore the possible causes of a MIL lamp d7F0v.png s-l400.jpg