Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

NEWBIE Trunk Latch Question

Vantzy

City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2002 Focus
The good news it the truck closes but it does not lock. I lift it up manually...

Tried some adjustments of the top latch and bottom bar... but I am not handy. No effect...

I can get latch off except for the cable thing part I did not want to mess around with it until I know what I am doing.

So two quick questions?

If I get a new trunk latch will it fix the problem and it is easy to take off and replace the cable thing and do I need a new key or it is complicated to out the old key part on?

Two I do not keep anything of value in the trunk or the car, should I even mess with this? I am thinking no and just lock it with a chain and padlock if I feel that is necessary///

I put some major money into it to keep it on the road, too much actually but I got sucked in and now I would like to keep it. 162 K miles...

Thanks.

V