Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Phone mounting

City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
14 Fiesta SE
Out of curiosity, based on how small the interior of the fiesta is, where/how do you mount your cell phone?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I mount mine to the left with the suction cup in the little A pillar window. It's a bit hard to get it right where you want it but it is mostly out of my line of sight. The mount was a gift to me like 5 years ago so I have no idea what brand or model it is. It's a long way from the mounting pad to where you see the phone holder (maybe 7-8 inches) so I have a 1-inch tall rubber cork that sits between the dash and the back of the phone holder to keep the arm drooping down to the dash and banging around. Works great, never drops the phone.

1638026824415.png

20211127_134036.jpg

20211127_134005.jpg

Last edited:
City
Enola
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Fiesta SE
I mount mine to the left with the suction cup in the little A pillar window. It's a bit hard to get it right where you want it but it is mostly out of my line of sight. The mount was a gift to me like 5 years ago so I have no idea what brand or model it is. It's a long way from the mounting pad to where you see the phone holder (maybe 7-8 inches) so I have a 1-inch tall rubber cork that sits between the dash and the back of the phone holder to keep the arm drooping down to the dash and banging around. Works great, never drops the phone.

View attachment 5956

View attachment 5958

View attachment 5959
This is brilliant!

City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
I know this was a old post, but I was thinking about this now myself. I do like @LionsTooth phone mount, but I just think about the fact that I'm right handed and how awkward it might be to use my left hand to interact with my phone. I see they make phone mounts that clip onto the heater vents. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these? I think I'd be more comfortable with it on my right side. Not sure.

1668012714536.png

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I tried a couple of in a couple of different cars...they broke my vents. End of story. If you need it on the right side, get one like mine with a longer arm or one that goes in the cd player. Vents are not strong enough. I also found it very hard to get any suction cups to work on the dash, so securing it to glass is really my only thought here. I am right-handed...I have no issue.

City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
I tried a couple of in a couple of different cars...they broke my vents. End of story. If you need it on the right side, get one like mine with a longer arm or one that goes in the cd player. Vents are not strong enough. I also found it very hard to get any suction cups to work on the dash, so securing it to glass is really my only thought here. I am right-handed...I have no issue.
I did see the CD ones, however with the position of it, it would then obscure the LCD display. Honestly think I might just try what you have. Or just get one with a long arm that hangs down and mount it below the rear view. I've done it in the past, It's really not in the way to see out the window if you do it like that. appreciate the input in the vent clip however.