Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

problems programing ecu

buddah

City
Springfield
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
06 ford focus zx4
im having diffuculty programming new/used ecu. ive completed a recent auto-manual tranny swap and everything went well other then driving it. i used a donor car and have swapped all moduals including ecu, pats multi-thing, restraint between the seats, fuel mod under back seat, instrument cluster in dash, enigine and dash harnesses and even fuse boxes in hopes of not experencing any problem but when i hook up my code reader it still has old auto tranny codes and even identifys my vin #? my qustion is how would a ecu out of another car know my cars vin# old tranny codes and so forth? it has a solenoid e code that is forcing it into limp mode and i cant seem to reprogram it or delete it? what platform is best for tuning these cars? can i go with a stand alone ecu? what options do i have with a 06 zx4. looking to build for fun. ( i cant help i like speed)