Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Slight fuel leak or know problem

City
Horningsham
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta Zetec 64
Hey all.
Just got my car back from the garage, and I was putting fuel in, when I noticed that there's a little open tube that was drip dripping fuel as soon as I pulled the nozzle out. I've noticed a few little puddles the last few times I've filled up. But it doesn't leak anywhere else. Just in that instance of fueling

I only put £20 in, so I didn't fill it up or anything. Is this something that happens if you don't fill up correctly (I have a horrible habit of pulling out (don't) before the nozzles emptied so a little spills out. Is this something to do with the capless system?

I've attached a picture of the nozzle it's coming out of. PXL_20220516_153146459.jpg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
We have the capless fuel filler neck in America. There are a couple of "doors" that the fuel passes through that seal after you have finnished fueling. There is an overflow tube that allows excess fuel to pittle onto the ground just behind the wheel if they try to overfill or "pack" the fuel tank. You might also have a loose or damaged overflow tube. I would suggest that you have a qualified technician examine the situation.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The Fill tube uses a "seal" as a grommet - but any spilled fuel within the cup the capless is, will drain out thru that little tube so it doesn't "sit" and stink up your car of spilled fuel.

In ours, the tank is recursive, it takes the fuel in and doesn't let it spill out - but too much fuel in the neck, you'll have issues and a Check Engine light.