Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

ST exhaust on SE

AbbyEC

City
Corvallis
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
I've seen some people talking about the ST exhaust being the best option for an aftermarket exhaust for my 1.6 SE. I've looked around google too and haven't found any other great options. Thought or opinions?

Ronaldo

City
Geneseo
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
17fiesta se 95mustang 94vette
I'm with you, I've been watching for one with no luck.

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
I've seen some people talking about the ST exhaust being the best option for an aftermarket exhaust for my 1.6 SE. I've looked around google too and haven't found any other great options. Thought or opinions?
CA autoparts sells a J2 engineering(#J2-CBE-OS-063 ), i payed $278 back then(about 2 yrs ago) ship to home ,my only issue was i did not pay much attention and the muffler was Hatchback length and not Sedan,which i really don"t care anyways , everything else bolts on same ,has decent tone and is not obnoxiously loud , and when you on cruise cant even tell is there

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
Just out of curiosity, I looked up the OEM ST exhaust. https://www.oemfordpart.com/v-2017-ford-fiesta--st--1-6l-l4-gas/exhaust-system--exhaust-components
Holy cow! You can probably get it cheaper if you shop around, but jeez!

I just ordered the mountune exhaust for mine, but it's not going on for a while. Stock is less expensive, but not much less.
As much as it costs, I think I'll keep the stock piece.
oh yeah that exhaust can cost more then a Magnaflow , Flowmaster, Steeda, etc
and if you running N/A like I am just not worth it IMO , mine was the bang for the buck at that price

City
Clifton
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 FIESTA SE
Guys before I make this purchase. I am trying to make sure this 2014 Fiesta ST Catback exhaust can fit my 2012 Fiesta SE hatchback both are 1.6L and look the same but its about the small headaches I am trying to minimize lol IMG_0104.png

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
In some Ford's like the Focus, they also use a "different composition" hanger (or vane/chamber - a symposer) in just one location that tends to bring in a "rumble" into the passenger compartment due to the hanger using a different composition and a resonance chamber offset than most other hangers - which due to it's rebound effects in damping the noise (less or more depending on the frequency) changes what you hear inside the car.

So the hanger and type of hanger used can also make or break a system when it comes to the kind of noise - not just the type of noise others may hear - it's what the occupants in the car experience as the feedback to make the driver more alert and focused (sic) on the duties of travel at hand.

So if you have a large pipe I.D. greater than the stock - the tone lowers - but remember too - the amount of air that is needed to fully resound (develop that low rumble into an effective sound) requires a considerable amount of air in the puff out of the cylinder per stroke - the Fiesta isn't capable of pulsing enough into a tube to make it's into such a beast - instead it makes a noisy racket that sounds similar to a tin horn - the drone lacks depth and resonance.