Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Stance

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Want to get my car stance nice. Getting pointed in the right direction will be much appreciated

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
How stanced are you talking?

OP
Rowdy09
City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Thread Starter #3
not looking to drag the ground but not be factory either

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The rivited flares are fugly. The mismatched wheels and offsets are disturbing. The front suspension ride height and camber give the impression that the car has been damaged performing a jump off a driveway incline. The whole visual effect of the mods as it goes down the street reminds me of a pigeon toed hunchback trying to look athletic.
But, i am also old.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
When you ask "Stanced nice"...

What do you consider "stance" ?

The Fiesta is a little more of a ground hugger - so it could use some ground effect "kits"

1626181252004.png

OR if you are needing a way to get thru town and also able to cross rail road tracks without stalling it - - perhaps a newer set of lighter rims and some sneakers to fit it's paws would be nice...

Where do you want to take this?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I am always wary of coil overs for the street. First of all, they take maintenance. You have to keep them clean or the threads get gundged up and then you are stuck at that ride height. They tend to ride really harsh the lower you run them; you lose compliance as the shock has mostly run its damper length. Changing ride height dramatically changes how the car handles so if you are changing it a lot, you are changing the characteristics of your handling....so in a pinch do you know how it will handle trying to miss that old man with the shopping cart that just walked in front of you. Also, I wouldn't buy any coilover I hadn't tried myself on someone else's car. Noting like trying it out after spending all the time and money to find out you hate it. I don't know Raceland, but I stick to high-end names I trust, Bilsteins, Konis, etc. And then there's the art of weight-jacking....

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
2nd that!

Although nice WHEN adjustable, (Keyword: When in all caps)

When you Race - yes you want some stiffening - look carefully as the "shock" the cartridge itself.

When you lower, you are doing what...REDUCING the Throw Distance the strut has to work with.

This is desired on smooth pavement and racing - they purposely set up courses for that and the ride and even the economy of it (air dam - ground effects - holding to the ground as intentional) adds tension to the shocks damper effect.

You don't get that once you're off the course and onto the everyday bumps, dumps and bruises you get from road hazards like small dogs, Raccoons, playing children on up to pieces of heavy equipment and farm implements that got stranded - left behind by a careless owner - you can have a stiffer ride and lowered profile, but Ford kinda did that ALREADY, to an extent, by DESIGNING the car to a road height clearance they consider safe for everyone.

"Safe for Everyone" - Seriously? Everyone has to face those same hazards with every type of vehicle out there...

Don't shoot for the moon, is too far up there, and don't try to crawl along unless you have wads of disposable cash with you at all times - but then, if you did have that kind of expense account, you'd never even know this forum existed - you'd be doing it right now...