Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

This Ford Focus RS cost more than half a million dollars

City
Houston

Focus RS No. 1 brings in $550,000 for juvenile diabetes research

The first 2016 Ford Focus RS brought in $550,000 at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale last month, leading us to believe charities are really starting to like these “first of” cars. It went off with no reserve, and all proceeds went to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund.

“Supporting JDRF is hugely important to myself, my family and Ford Motor Company,” said Henry Ford III, global marketing manager, Ford Performance. “Since this represents the first time the legendary Focus RS is available in the United States, we expected the auction of this long-awaited car to command the attention of enthusiasts. We are happy for the winning bidder, who now owns a truly unique performance car, and thrilled that significant funds will go to JDRF.”

The Focus RS was wearing magnetic gray paint and featured the standard 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost I4 delivering 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. In case you're new to the Focus RS, power flows through a six-speed manual transmission to a center differential and then to all four wheels. We road tested the new RS late last month; check out our full review here.

For the first time in what seems like a long time, the winning bidder was not NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick, who we guess was already busy with his newly acquired first COPO Camaro and first 2016 Camaro SS.

Ford says that it and Barrett-Jackson have raised more than $8 million at various auctions, benefiting both local and national charities.