Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

transmmision problems

sandy112

City
syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 ford focus se
was out and about tonite stopped to grab food went and backed up the first time the trasmmision engaged right away the second time i put it in reverse it didnt engage right away stepped on the gas and the car leaped backward like the tranny slipped i have a 2016 ford focus se with roughly 70,000 miles on the clock it started to hesistate when im driving running it up thru the gears with one of the newer auto trannys with the dual clutch that acts as a manual but its an auto no slap shift i have a low gear and drive with i think a button on the side of the shifter thaf is either my low gear or my traction control switch can u tell me whats goin on with the tranny

Speakya1

City
Wildomar
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Focus SE
I am guessing the transmission seal is leaking on the clutch. I would recommend buying a LUK clutch kit from Summit Racing and have it installed. I did mine and it drives like a different car. I went through two stock clutches before I found this out. the low gear is sport and the side button is a shifter.