Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Passenger Seat Swap

GuiDeCo

City
Garden Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 SE
Good afternoon, new member here! I'd like to turn my car into a micro-camper that I can use for road trips and weekend getaways. Does anyone know if you can straight swap a fold-flat front passenger seat from a 3-door into the 5-door model? This would make it possible to set a deck for a thin mattress to allow me to lie full length in the car. Thoughts or suggestions?

I think what I need to do is take my current seat out and measure the hardware and bolt pattern then find a person or dealer in UK to give me the 3-door measurements and go from there.

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
There isn't a 3 door in the US. What seat are you talking about?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Just unbolt the seatback and remove the lower cushion and upholstery. Other than muting the side airbag with a resistor, just leave the weight sensor pad in place and connected. Then you will have a solid foundation for a mattress platform! 20211215_175359.jpg

Last edited:
OP
G

GuiDeCo

City
Garden Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 SE
Thread Starter #4
There isn't a 3 door in the US. What seat are you talking about?
True. I was wondering if anyone knew if the 3-door seat is a straight swap to the 5-door. if so, i'd look into having one shipped over.

OP
G

GuiDeCo

City
Garden Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 SE
Thread Starter #5
Just unbolt the seatback and remove the lower cushion and upholstery. Other than muting the side airbag with a resistor, just leave the weight sensor pad in place and connected. Then you will have a solid foundation for a mattress platform! View attachment 6036
Yes, but i'd like to keep the use of the front passenger seat. that's why wondering about swapping to fold flat 3-door seat.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You would still need to numb the rh seat airbag sensor and the side impact airbag sensor. There is no free ride or work around on that one if you are looking to have a flat, solid surface to place a light mattress on along with a blanket or sleeping bag.

It was enough of a complication that i just went with a tent and carrier tray on a trailer hitch.

Last edited:
OP
G

GuiDeCo

City
Garden Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 SE
Thread Starter #7
Okay, makes sense. Thanks for your insight! :)

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I am not trying to discourage anyone who wants to use their car as a camper (ie, sleeping inside the car) because reality is that the car itself is the first and last place of refuge if the weather becomes severe. For solo camping, the Fiesta is adequate. But, two along with even minimal gear, would be miserably cramped no matter what the weather is.