Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Performance Blue

OP
A

alexanderfreenote

Thread Starter #21
The problem with "Summer" tires is the rubber compound they use get HARD when it gets below 40Deg F and they don't hold the road very well I kinda look at them as a cold hard plastic type feeling on the smooth road and throw in a lil rain or snow and ice and you may not be able to stop as quick nor turn as well, I know for a fact I need snow tires to get up my driveway if it isn't cleared after any amount of snow with summer tires on Plus I plan to do a lil Ice AutiX this winter to practice lol.. if you never drive in the cold ot wet of winter then you may not need them for me its a cheap investment around here it also allows me to get out of the way of others .. But look into the MFG warning or a tire sellers website for more info as I may not be up to date on my tire info :)
yep ill get winter tires on since im in toronto, but all seasons worked well IMO. i dont have much experience with summer tires because i dont own performance cars, that's mainly why i ask, never owned summer tires. some folk say i don't need them for salted roads in city driving conditions, others say i should have them for safety.

OP
R

rodmoe

Thread Starter #22
Good plan AS tires have come a long way in the last years and should work if you don't need the snow traction the biggest thing is "TEMP" as summer tires don't work well at all in the cold (below 40 deg F) that should be your main guide .. if you don't drive in that kinda chilly weather it could be ok... I look at it as cheap insurance if it prevents the car from sliding in the ditch or worse