Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Potential Radio/Bluetooth Audio Issue

City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta
Hello! I have been having some issues in regards to my Ford Fiesta radio/audio, specifically when using my iPhone to play music. I haven't been successful at playing music using my USB port. My phone will play music for a bit, then it'll stop and bump me back to the radio. I haven't been able to connect to Bluetooth either. The best option is using an AUX cord, which works until I have to start my car after a few hours and I'm not allowed to switch the playing music with the AUX cord. The only thing that I can do is play the radio. Everything else is useless. I've also tried restarting my radio, but I haven't had any success with that (probably because I'm doing it incorrectly). I have noticed something that only occurs when I'm unable to play anything from my phone. In the attached image, it shows this image of a a battery and it toggles between different combinations of letters.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Usually this is a sign of a component failure or a required software patch - usually in the radio / audio unit - the one behind the keyboard console.

Do you have the "Microsoft" version of Sync?

The failure can also be due to a software upgrade that is needed, but you may not have available anymore in which to solve a compatibility issue. Microsoft stopped working with Ford about 2015~16 year and the Focus also has this Microsoft package with what many have problems with for the 911 interconnect service that used to be available under 3G standard, is no longer around.

Are you using any MP3 files that have DMR? This can make the "player" side stop working because it doesn't know how to process the files when it comes across something that has "media rights".

OP
Z
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Usually this is a sign of a component failure or a required software patch - usually in the radio / audio unit - the one behind the keyboard console.

Do you have the "Microsoft" version of Sync?

The failure can also be due to a software upgrade that is needed, but you may not have available anymore in which to solve a compatibility issue. Microsoft stopped working with Ford about 2015~16 year and the Focus also has this Microsoft package with what many have problems with for the 911 interconnect service that used to be available under 3G standard, is no longer around.

Are you using any MP3 files that have DMR? This can make the "player" side stop working because it doesn't know how to process the files when it comes across something that has "media rights".
In regards to you second question, I'm not sure.

As for the first question, I don't have Sync nor have I ever used it.