Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Washers and wipers

Dougy

City
Liverpool
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta eco
The screen washer and wipers have stopped operating from the stalk switch, but in rain the front wipers come on.
I have replaced the stalk, but the issue has stayed the same.
The screen wash pump also does not operate off the stalk switch.
The rear wiper has operated occasionally whilst ive been trying to diagnose the problem, so its not a fuse issue.

I don't know if its related but the back tailgate is releasing intermittently, displaying boot open on the display screen.

Seems to be a difficult problem to solve, has anyone any ideas ?
2014 Fiesta 1.0 eco

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Failed ground connection or possibly the Body control Module has failed. Two guesses off the top of my head.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Since the stick switch is not working - but the wipers do when it "senses" rain...

I'd look at both the Steering Wheel - and it's clock spring - something in the harness dislodged or is entangled and the connector is damaged, even the bottom knee kick panel might have something going on in there.

Then go up to the windshield - behind the mirror - is the sensor and "security / GPS" unit that houses that rain sensor - that harness needs to be secured. But that harness, along with the harness from the Wiper Stick - combine together in behind that kickpanel area into one harness to the BCM.

Since there is the possibility of a broken connector or bad ground - many grounds are tied together in one point under the carpets by the seats.

This Thread might shed some light on that...
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/front-wiper-issue.9227/post-25694

And this thread might help with some relevance...
https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/body-control-modual.8227/post-20339