Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2007 Focus won't start

Bjhebert2

City
Bossier City
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2006 Ford Focus
I recently changed the alternator on my 2007 Focus. It ran great yesterday, when I woke up this morning it wouldn't crank at all. The battery is fully charged and the starter is fine. For whatever reason I can turn the key and everything lights up but it just won't crank. Any ideas?

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
First two things that I would consider is a bad battery or a bad alternator. We just replaced our battery on the 2013 because it would fully charge, showing no problems, and the next day it was dead. New battery in for a month now and no problems. Mechanic said the old battery held a charge, just not a strong enough charge for this car. Otherwise, check your ground cable on the battery. Make sure the spot it is grounded to is not corroded or has too much paint not allowing it to ground properly. On our 2015, we had a starting problem and it was there ground. I cleaned it up completely, removed some of the paint and no issues in over a year.

If you already got it fixed, post what you did.