Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Fans don't work

City
Lake Havasu
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Fans don't come on at all. Radiator fans I mean.
Tried two different flaps (parts houses) trying to get a cylinder head temperature sensor. Accidentally broke it thinking that was why.
NLA at AutoZone and O'Reilly's can't seem to get me the part or give me a price. It's a lot like a roulette wheel. We got it it's this price. Great put it on the shelf. Get there and not only is it not on the shelf it's not in stock...sigh
Rant over. But! Would that cause my cooling fans to not come on?
Is there a common reason?
And then! I thought I would just straight wire the fan to a switch, because, you know, I got one car and it's busted. So I unplugged the fan at the fan and the battery from the car and ran a couple wires directly from the battery to the fan and did not NOT get the results I was expecting.
I was expecting a soft whirring sound and got sparks instead, which isn't helping.
So just wtf?
Any help?
06 focus with mighty 2.0

Speakya1

City
Wildomar
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Focus SE
Is your air conditioner charged. I had this happen on a non focus vehicle. If the pressure in the air conditioning system is low the radiator fans won't come on. Just a suggestion. I know it sounds weird.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The main "ground" for those fans is at the frame member just below the battery - and considering it is an '06 - those lugs may have corroded.

You should be able to find the wiring harness route to them.

1648418648014.png