Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Massive Flood in my hometown need help.

Flash Flood, its a 2013 with 40000 miles I still owe 25k because I bought a 4 year bumper to bumper when I bought it. (it has mods ) thats why I bought the warranty. Made a claim with state farm and 2 hours later the tow truck agency they hired told me to drive it to higher ground. Water was 2 feet deep and above the 3 inch flowmasters. When I drove it the car stalled twice and I kept it in 1st gear almost 5k rpm for acouple hundred feet. After I got out of the water all the chimes began as there was alot of water (up to bottom of the seats in the car) and the clutch smelled burnt. Gonna fight to get it totaled.

OP
T
Thread Starter #2
I did check the air filter it came completely off yet it seemed dry. Its a CAI however the adjuster hasnt even looked at it yet and I fear they will tell me its definately fine. I have GAP and 50 percent. So if it gets totaled I was told I would get almost 7500. Insurer says it needs 75 percent of the value to get completely totaled. Is that a hard goal in a situation like this? I justr dont want it knowing its gonna have issues down the road.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
I did check the air filter it came completely off yet it seemed dry. Its a CAI however the adjuster hasnt even looked at it yet and I fear they will tell me its definately fine. I have GAP and 50 percent. So if it gets totaled I was told I would get almost 7500. Insurer says it needs 75 percent of the value to get completely totaled. Is that a hard goal in a situation like this? I justr dont want it knowing its gonna have issues down the road.
It's really dependent on your insurance to deem something totaled. If they think it would save them money to repair it vs totaling it they'll try to fix it.