Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

New Ford Focus RS vs Old Focus RS

City
Houston
[video=youtube;LVLv7J9Nj84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVLv7J9Nj84[/video]
The new Ford Focus RS is a major hit in the car world. Its combination of practicality and capability means it can be a great all-rounder, while still giving the driver a sense of satisfaction. But how does it stack up against the car it replaced? Matt Bird of Pistonheads put the two together to find out.

The second generation Focus RS was never sold here in America, but still made quite the impression. It was powered by a Volvo-sourced five-cylinder that pushed 301 horsepower to just the front wheels, and only came in a smaller, angrier two-door body style.

The current-generation car, though, comes equipped with a 350-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder, along with a trick all-wheel-drive system. It's only available as a full-size four-door model, and lacks the sweet fender flares that made the old car stand out so much.

Take a look as Bird compares the two cars against one another on some fitting British B-roads.

Read more on Road and Track.

I have to agree
I have been fortunate enough to spend time in both the RS MK2 and RS MK3 and I would say hands down I would buy the RS MK2 before the RS MK3

RS MK2
Seats feel slightly better
Feels better over all
More TQ`y
More fun factor
Rides better
Looks better

MK3
I dont like the 4 doors
Kool to drive but not fun to drive like the RS MK2
Seats are not good at all for sitting in for Hrs if your a big guy
Turbo/boost leaves you wanting past 5000