Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Random plug Help!! 2013 1.0 ecoboost Fiesta

OP
C

Cam-B

City
Mansfield
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 99hp
Thread Starter #2
Can anyone help me with this plug please, I purchased a car last week & spotted this plug up on service.
It is a 2 pin male connector plug, Absolutely baffled as to where it goes. I have looked all around & cant see no female connector didn't want to take drastic steps by stripping down unnecessarily.
Thanks in advance

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Looks like the "male" end - of a Knock sensor..

To put it back on - looks like you will need to find it's "Mate" - on my car, I have a 1.6L and it uses two - one between the intakes on the cylinder head of Cylinders 1 and 2 - while another is bolted by the intakes on the head by Cylinder 3 and 4 - the 1.6L uses "Bank 0 and Bank 1" and since the Firing order alternates between the 1 3 2 4 similar the "bank 0" one "listens" when 1 or 2 fires - while the Bank 1 - "listens" during 3 and 4 firing - so it "alternates"

But on the Ecoboost - there is only one - nestled in the block...
1701306665762.png

Considering the location - it can be on the front or back side of the engine - but CLOSE to the length of run that cable reaches, so reference the above and note the connector on the cable has a heat hose on it. So its protected from heat and scuffing - check the rear (Back side towards the firewall) portion by the exhaust side - on the cylinder head itself - must be where this connector goes to - looks like the one similar to above on the block.

IF that (sensor) is missing - then it will need a new one and a bolt to fit it - so it may require a trip to the shop to fix this.

Is it necessary? Yes, if you wish to keep the engine from excessive over timing and spark knock that can damage the motor permanently. The knock is listens for can cause damage from over-advanced or poor fuel - causing pre-detonation which will damage your Ecoboost motor.

OP
C

Cam-B

City
Mansfield
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
Thank you very much 👍🏼 looks like that will be my weekend sorted in the cold. Really appreciate your help with this. Any idea where to get a workshop manual besides Haynes.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Unfortunately - no. At least not easy to use as a Haynes.

Much of what I have learned about the Fiesta is been thru sites like this.

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
... Any idea where to get a workshop manual besides Haynes.
Factory Ford Tech manuals are about the best, of course the most $$$. But the detail is amazing, torque specs, special service tools, electrical diagrams etc.
I havent looked recently, but you could possibly download copies online of the service manual...I even had a CD for my Lincoln MarkVII (circa 20 yrs ago ;)).
These usually cost a fraction of the version thru the dealer.

OP
C

Cam-B

City
Mansfield
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
Unfortunately - no. At least not easy to use as a Haynes.

Much of what I have learned about the Fiesta is been thru sites like this.
Just another quick one, I have what looks like an Aircon pipe that stops half way around the fan area & there is no other part to the right of it any idea what goes there?

OP
C

Cam-B

City
Mansfield
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Thread Starter #8
Factory Ford Tech manuals are about the best, of course the most $$$. But the detail is amazing, torque specs, special service tools, electrical diagrams etc.
I havent looked recently, but you could possibly download copies online of the service manual...I even had a CD for my Lincoln MarkVII (circa 20 yrs ago ;)).
These usually cost a fraction of the version thru the dealer.
Thank you I'll look into this idea 👍🏼