Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Updated Gauge Face Design

I love the MK1's, but....the thing that's ALWAYS bugged me about them is their cluster faces. They just look so dated. So, I took it upon myself to design my own gauge cluster faces, that are inspired by the new MK3 Focus and the Fiesta ST cluster faces. I'm still working on the design, but I hope to have them printed this spring. I'm going to print a few prototypes on just standard paper so I can confirm that I have my spacing correct, which I'll double check using my Xcal 4. I also want to have updated needle designs 3D printed, but I'm still working on how I want those to look.

Anyways, here's what I came up with.

LouBomb

I really like that..

iirc there was a guy already on fb making some custom ones.. if you end up whipping some of these out, I'd love to get a set made with two different logos of course.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Thats really excellent work.

Slowfoc

My only critique is taking away one of the ST emblems. Too much annunciation on that fact. Other than that, I want one.

OP
Litestorm17
Thread Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I'll keep everyone posted. I won't be able to do much because winter has set in, quite literally overnight, here in Minnesota. So once the car comes out of its winter home, I'll start working on them again.

OP
Litestorm17
Thread Starter #8
You should do this for a living, look great.
Haha thanks! I actually did go to school for graphic design many years ago, but due to the recession, I couldn't find a job when I graduated. So now, I'm working in IT. I still do design work and photography on the side as a hobby though.