Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

wont start

jdwnew

ok, i have a 2002 ford focus (manual trans) i put in new battery ,starter, and wire from starter to battery. the wire from alternator to battery had a lot of corrosion so i cleaned ithe car to do that?
up. car will turn over real slow like a umph once and nothing.my question is what is causing

OP
J

jdwnew

Thread Starter #2
ok let me try that again. dont know why it messed up like that.

ok, i have a 2002 ford focus (manual trans) i put in a new battery, starter, and wire from starter to battery. the wire from alternator to battery (+) had alot of corrosion so i cleaned it up.
car will turn over with a umph and then nothing. my question is what is causing this?

ok let me try that again. dont know why it messed up like that.

ok, i have a 2002 ford focus (manual trans) i put in a new battery, starter, and wire from starter to battery. the wire from alternator to battery (+) had alot of corrosion so i cleaned it up.
car will turn over with a umph and then nothing. my question is what is causing this?
The corrosion is caused by the gas in the battery, just keep it clean by wiping it down on occasions.