Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

RADIO NOT WORKING (BLACK SCREEN, NO AUDIO)

kieran458

City
Wolverhamppton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2009 Ford Fiesta
Hi All, new here! I've owned a 2009 Fiesta for 4 days now....going well! Anyway, driving to work this morning, the radio just stopped working. The screen went black (absolutely nothing on screen, no static, no lines, just completely black as if it was turned off) and no audio either. No high pitch noise as i've seen others have, no nothing. I tried turning the car off and on again to no success.

I've googled some and people have mentioned the fuse, i checked fuse location and it said Fuse F19 was for radio and instrument cluster but all dials in cluster work perfectly. I haven't physically checked the fuse yet or looked at anything on the car but has anybody had experience of this? Got a 4 hour drive next week.....i need a radio haha!

Thanks in advance!

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
hi there idk about a 2009 but my 2011 did the same thing over a year ago, and end up being the factory amp on the radio itself burned
had to replace it as a whole unit , order mine from LQK salvage here in the states since Ford wanted $400+ to replace it and I'm not big on aftermarket radios
It was the exact serial number as my original one , it was plug and play for half the price ,even included the control panel with air ducts

OP
K

kieran458

City
Wolverhamppton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2009 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
hi there idk about a 2009 but my 2011 did the same thing over a year ago, and end up being the factory amp on the radio itself burned
had to replace it as a whole unit , order mine from LQK salvage here in the states since Ford wanted $400+ to replace it and I'm not big on aftermarket radios
It was the exact serial number as my original one , it was plug and play for half the price ,even included the control panel with air ducts
Thank you! I've made some progress. I checked all fuses and they were all fine, i then removed the plastic cover over the screen and it turned on! I put the cover back on and it carried on working, then went to leave this morning and the same thing happened. Lifted the cover at the back a little and the screen turned on once again! Left the cover slightly open and it's worked so far. I'm very confused now!

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
:unsure: me too , mine would go on safe mode at randoms then one day just quit . maybe a kinked wire perhaps