Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2005 Ford Focus

Matt22

City
Indianapolis
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Ford Focus
So I have a 2005 Ford Focus 157k miles, 2.0 L I’ve replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, battery, all four ignition coils, and the valve cover gasket. I’m coming up with the same issue with this car. It started off as just not starting one day, jumped it. Made it a few miles down the road and then get it towed. Ended up putting a new battery in, did just fine for a few days. I’m driving on the highway, and the car just sputters and dies, electrical all went out too. I was able to start the car again, check in light came on and it said ignition coil C. So I got it towed and changed the ignition coils. Did well for about a week, and then same issue, lost power on the highway but then cut right back on and continued driving, no check engine light or anything. And then I’m driving and the car sputters when I come to a stop and starts to die until I give it gas. I then had the same issue, car sputters and throws a check engine light, I check the code, and it’s for coil a,b, and d. But I just changed them. I also checked the spark plugs and they look fine. Don’t know what else to do. Could it be the wiring and maybe a wire is grounding out? Or possibly the spark plugs are bad and they are causing a misfire in the ignition coils? But if it was the spark plugs then it it would just throw a misfire code or an error code. Any help is appreciated!