Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

2007 Transmission shifting issue

City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Ford Focus
Hello, new to the forum, thanks in advance for the help. 2007 Ford Focus, 2.0L, automatic transmission. After about 30 minutes of driving, while shifting I start to get some odd shifting issues. Sometimes it will stutter going up a hill, sometimes it shifts very hard, and sometimes it totally shifts out of gear. For instance today, I was cruising up hill at about 70mph. The transmission slipped out of gear and at that point I could rev the engine but the transmission would not engage. I had to slow down to around 25-35 mph before it slapped hard back into gear. When it does the stutter, the speedometer goes up, but the speed of the vehicle does not. I don't think it's ever had a problem shifting from 1-2 though. I changed the transmission fluid and filter and that did not fix the issue. The old fluid looked and smelled good, and there were not a lot of fine metal shavings on the magnet. I'm thinking I may have a bad shift solenoid bad but I'm not sure which one. I know there are A, B, C, D, and E. I don't mind just changing them all out, but is there a way to know for sure. It's not throwing any engine codes. Thanks again.