Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2016 1.6l auto ABS light on

danpski64

City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta SE
I have a 2016 Fiesta that I changed the front hubs and cv shafts on and the ABS light came on, code said it was the right front speed sensor, replaced that, reset the code but when i go about 25 feet the light comes back on. cleaned the sensor, checked the fuses etc... to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may clear the issue? Any help would be appreciated

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Might need a new harness, lots of times it's when you have to disassemble the front strut/knuckle assembly the worse off part is usually the wiring harness that goes to the speed sensor - so since you've replaced that sensor - did you check to see if the harness wiring got pinched during the re-assembly?

If that is the case - this may aggravate and accelerate the need to fix the wiring harness - because that is the only route the sensors got to be able to communicate back to the PCM/BCM/ABS system to even respond.