Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2016 Fiesta SE SYNC/APIM

jakew8

City
orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta SE
I recently bought a 2016 Ford Fiesta SE and the APIM was apparently defective when I bought it so the phone button, bluetooth, and aux are all unresponsive. I tried the fuse pull trick with no luck. The dealership quoted me $500 to get a new one through them so I'm shopping around. Found an apim with part # GE8T-14D212-AD. The one in my Fiesta is GE8T-14D212-AC. Does anyone know if the apim will be compatible even though the last letter is different? I'm brand new to this and the dealership just wants me to buy a brand new one obviously, but I can't afford the $500 right now.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
When you lose Bluetooth Phone and the USB, those "interfaces" are on the SYNC board, located under the Glovebox - fitted inside a little flat black box - if that is missing, you don't even have sync - that is the sync support unit and also is used for TPMS because it has the BT unit that is frequency compatible to the TPMS units in your tires.

To find your SYNC USB BT unit - it's under the glovebox, hidden behind the "Hush panel"

Attachments