Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Blown Motor/Bad Pulley??

Jayt351gt

City
Eau Claire
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2000 ford focus
Hi I have a 2000 Focus. It has about 220xxx miles on it, I bought it at about 190xxx. Its has some some idle issues lately where it stalls on me occasionally. I came home from work one day it was running fine. Went and started it the next day and now there is a loud knocking noise and wont stay running unless I'm giving it gas. Anyone have similar issue? I tried to attach a video but it's not allowed I guess. Also about 2 weeks prior I was going around a corner coming home from the oil light came on and shut off about 20 seconds later and hasn't come back on since..

What I Drive
2013 Focus SE and 2015 Focus H/B
Haven't had this issue with my Focus, but have had it in a different car. Could be something as simple as your timing, but with a knocking noise it sounds more like engine trouble. Google "car engine knocking" and you'll see plenty of information on diagnosing the issue.

City
Tukwila
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2003 Ford Focus
Oil light plus knocking? You may want to find someone who knows what a rod knock sounds like, and prepare to possibly buy/rebuild an engine. I have a similar problem with my '03, I believe it dropped a valve seat. It was/is a great little car otherwise, but will cost more to swap engines than the blue book value. I have a hard choice to make, repair and keep it for several more years, or part it out, or let it go to the wrecker.