Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Help! Awfull noise

Annki

City
Rakkestad
State
Non-US
Country
Norway
What I Drive
Ford fiesta 2009
Hello
I have a ford fiesta 2009 model.
But I have this awfull sound coming from the dashboard. Its not from the speakers. And it starts as soon as I open the door. It does not matter if the fan, ac, aux, cd or radio is on or off.
Does anybody know what to do?
Here is my video:
https://youtube.com/shorts/gTNCZLw5GIg?si=kobIp04U5-7_JZla

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Do you have a CD in the disc player? It sounds like the disc drive is struggling to eject a disc.

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
Does the sound happen with the key on or off? Does changing the mode for the HVAC (AC/floor/defrost) change anything? Sounds like an electric motor that is stuck on. There are some electric motors that operate the temperature and blend for the heating system. You can remove your glovebox door to get a better listen behind the dash.

OP
A

Annki

City
Rakkestad
State
Non-US
Country
Norway
What I Drive
Ford fiesta 2009
Thread Starter #5
It starts when i unlock the door and open it. If I dont put the key in it only last for some minutes. If I start the car its all the time. No it does not change anything. I am going to try and change the radio tomorrow, to see if that helps. Will update here:)