Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

Mk2 1.6tdci knocking/ticking sound on load

madahaker

City
Aizkraukle
State
Non-US
Country
Latvia
What I Drive
Ford focus 1.6tdci 2005
Hello smart minds.
The problem with the 1.6tdci... I took the Focus for work.. I found unnecessary sounds in the engine.. I researched a little and realized that the injectors gaskets is leaking . I changed the gaskets. After it fell silent, but it didn't end there. Everything works , runs well...but at the extremes of load around or above 2k rpm such a ticking or knocking noise. Looks more likely from the timing/drive belt side. There is no sound when letting off the gas or holding steady gas.

Maybe someone has had something like that.
Bad engine lubrication?
However, maybe one of injectors is worn-out?
Is the ignition out of order?
Compensators?
Valves? ????????
I will attach a link with a video that it sounds like.

https://youtube.com/shorts/_VIxEd-2v8Y?feature=share

tnx already for helpfull information

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Check for the upper radiator hose is hot and the fluid is moving thru the hose into the radiator.

The noise you talk about might be from a bad serpentine belt or there is problems with the belt and the pulleys it must turn, including the water pump, Air conditioning compressor and the Alternator.

But I see you have low-fuel, and your low-fuel level light is blinking.

This may also indicate you have plugged fuel line, poor fuel (engine knock due to altitude) or a bad fuel pump relay causing starvation.