Welcome to the #1 Ford Focus Forum and Ford Focus community dedicated to Ford Focus owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Focus Forum today!

My 2002 SVT Focus

When I first joined the focus community back in 2010 it seemed like I was the only Zx3 in a sea of svtf's haha since then I've always wanted a svt to call my own. Well 6 years later here we are! I found this 02 pitch black three door svt at a local guys house (he finds them and flips them). At the time the clearcoat seemed pretty bad all over the car but hey at least it had a/c and it ran well. That didn't last long haha acouple months into svtf and chill everything went down hill and the coolant resevoir split open, thermostat wouldn't open and the fan resistor died. So it sat for acouple months because I just don't have the money to fix it. November comes around and my Greenie decided it wanted to call quits on life and I decided to swap all the race parts, radiator/fan assembly and titanium wrapped header over to the svt to bring it back to life. I have a plan for the green car but for now the "focus" is getting the daily/trackable svt up and running and with the help of a few friends we made that happen, all that is left is to bleed the brakes and recharge the a/c and I can start driving it to work again. Now here are some pictures.

Mod list:
Titanium wrapped svt header
Kw V2 coilovers
Massive endlinks
Massive strut tower bars
Massive harness bar
Massive camber arms
Eibach sway bars
Apc camber plates
K&N Typhoon
15x7 Rota Slipstream
Nitto NT01 tires
And that's about it.
I'll post more pictures and update when more things happen.

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Wow that's low.

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #5
Yea originally I didn't want this for the svt. I wanted just to do a clean oem+ build with kyb agx's and some eap's but with greenie the way it is I needed something I could race immediately. So this was the only option I could think of. It will go back to my original plan one day.

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #6

Went over to my buddy Alex's house this past weekend and scored this sweet Euro Ghia Edition top grille for my Svt, now I just got to save up the money to get the swivel emblem, the locking mechanism with the key and delete the hood cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tom

Staff Team
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS
Did they make an ST170 version of the grill? Either way nice acquisition.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #9
I'm not sure to be honest. It'll be a good question to ask alex when I go over there this weekend haha

OP
71shadow
Thread Starter #11
Well not much has happened since the last post but we did get the brakes working again. Apparently it just needed a LOT of bleeding because there was some bad brake fluid in the system. Came across another issue after that one though. The obd2 won't let anything read the car. We know the car has some electrical issues in it so I'm not really surprised about this but it will make inspection time fun. It's getting closer to being on the road.
It just needs the oil pan gasket redone, inspection, a.c. recharged and tint. Then it'll be back to daily duty so the fiesta can sit for a while.